All built up and no where to go?

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
As my fears were confirmed today, I remembered my posted message I left a few weeks ago in "Product vs. principle". http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1544
I wanted to go out this afternoon and demo the new Lsi lineup and post my opinion. I was told by a sales rep at "The Good Guys" in Dublin, Ca. about a month ago. The new speakers would be in around the first of the year. I called them this afternoon to see what they may have in stock. I was told they have dropped the entire Polk line. The sales rep did not say for what reasons, but I think the competition with a new dealer in town may have prompted this decision. I didn’t think I needed a crystal ball for that insight. The "Good Guys" are what I like to refer to as a middle man audio dealer. They tend to sell products geared toward the middle to upper price range. They have a lot of stores out here would have given the new line some nice exposure in California. This could have been a good move to push more of the lower end products at varied prices, but the upper line is a whole other monkey.

I believe this new line may take some time in getting to dealer near you. I just hope Polk is building them on a “as needed”basis. I believe if they want to market this new lineup they will have to it with some sort of guarantee. The high end audio shops will want something in blood that says the name does not have a bad reputation and the prices will be locked in across the board. Most of the specialty audio stores are very particular about what they will and won’t carry and do not have the big budgets of the super stores. Perhaps a spin off company with a fixed set guarantee’s and a major name change would help the push. If this new line up wants to separate itself, that’s just what it may have to do. I would still keep my loyalty to the company just as Lexus people would be to Toyota. Polk makes awesome products at affordable prices and supports their items with open arms. The bridges to the specialty audio shops will take some time, but with some good reviews and the right amount exposure and careful planning they can still pull this off.

Looking forward to a great demo at a dealer near me,
Jerry
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on