question....

Options
I have a couple pairs of headphones that I like to travel with. A pair of bluetooth earbuds, Harmon Kardan wired noise cancelling and a couple others. The problem is my phone does not get loud enough for a lot of the background noise to be filtered out and I like to listen to my music and shows loudly. Not ear piercing but enough to enjoy it......

I oreed a toppings nx1 portable headphone amplifier to get my feet wet because of the good reviews and the low price. My question relates to the possibility of using this with my bluetooth headphones. Is it possible? I am not surr how it would work without being wired to the amp. Or could it be as simple as connecting one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YCWEBSY/ref=pd_aw_sbs_422_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=413ltsRNVaL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=1KNNPNQ8BG9MVWN953GY

Any help is apprecaited as this is my first attempt at headphones and amplifiers together....

Thanks in advance,
Shawn
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    The item you linked would get plugged into the amp. You would then pair it with your phone. That doesn't make much sense, since you would presumably have the amp & phone near each other. An 1/8" mini cable would suffice. Your BT earbuds are self powered, no? I don't think there is a way to bump up the power with an external amp. Now corded headphone would be a different story.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    That's kind of what I thought. I wasn't sure if there was a way to boost the volume on the BT headphones with the amp and be wireless. Was thinking perhaps a BT adapter might work, but trying to make sense of it made me realize it probably is not possible. I will stick with using the amp with my wired pairs of headphones.
    Shawn
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Sounds strange that the volume wouldn't get high enough on a pair of earbuds. Is there a volume limiter setting on your phone?
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    There isn't a volume limiter that I know of.....but I do travel on bus and planes a lot. There is a lot of noise usually. I ended up going with the topping nx1 from amazon and cost me less than 30 dollars. The build quality is excellent and definitely accomplishes my goals. It's my first dive into headphones (have the harman kardon nc and just bought the shure srh840 from daboyz). I might just have to get one for the house as well.....
    Shawn