positioning of my sub

Options
Some of you might remember my sub because of neighbor hassles had to be moved and out of the room it is supposed to be in. With Dan's advice (Mantis) he said I could use a good RG-6 coax which I did. My ends were F-connectors and got conversion screw on F- to RCA types. Now the location is in the living room w/ all other H/T related gear. My minor problem is that where it is it's half on carpet and 1/2 on wood floor. What would be the preferred location ?Totally on carpet or totally on the wood. It's a down firing 8" pwrd sub w/ a rear port. It's under the lamp table.cjit5cpgcwb4.jpg
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I've always preferred my subs up front with the mains, either on the left or right side which ever blends best. I have never had much luck with a sub placed near field to my listening position. I could always localize it. I don't see a problem with it being placed half on carpet. Every room is different, I would experiment with it. I have used sub dudes and svs sound path feet under subs on hardwood with great results. The sub dude worked the best. I used them in apartments with excellent results, it doesn't transfer vibrations to the floors, walls, and neighbors. At the time I was using a dsw500 which was downfiring as well.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• classic carl
    Options
    I use two subs in my HT system. They are serve as stands for my RT55i mains to get the tweeters up to ear level. I use self adhering felt pads on the bottom of the mains to avoid any possible vibration issues. Both of my HT subs are front firing, but IMO that doesn't matter. These subs are in standby mode 24/7 and are on whenever the TV is on with audio from the HT receiver. Sometimes the TV is on with the HT receiver turned off. I often like to listen to music while watching sports on TV. Most sports commentators bore me to tears.

One of my 2 channel system subs in down firing. The other has two drivers in it. One is down and the other is front firing. All four of them have rubber feet and are sitting on carpet.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450