Anyone besides me having trouble with... italics?

2»

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    lightman1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    ...and Russ, Cannoli's aren't Italian, they're Sicilian, which is debatable their relation to Italians. ;)
    Don't care. Still want one.

You and me both, but hard to find good ones. I can eat a whole platter, been known to push a few old folks out of the way for the last one too.

legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,308
    One day, years ago, my wife's brother and her sister-in-law, Yolanda ("Yoli") were comin' over for dinner. Yoli suggested that she might bring cannolis.

Wag that I am, I suggested guacamole cannolis.
    Holy Moley, Yoli! You should bring some wholly guacamole cannolis!

... and she did.
    We enjoyed them.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    One day, years ago, my wife's brother and her sister-in-law, Yolanda ("Yoli") were comin' over for dinner. Yoli suggested that she might bring cannolis.

... and she did.
    We enjoyed them.

Blasphemy.....I love both, but neither should be combined. Least now I know why you have acreage around you. lol
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,711
    *face palm*

... and she did.
    We enjoyed them.

• msgmsg Posts: 3,503
    edited April 2016
    I've always heard of cannoli but never really knew what it was until looking it up just now.

I still don't think I fully understand the rules.
    And I definitely don't know what makes one cannoli better than another.
    The way you guys are talkin', I'd probably poison myself eating the wrong kind.

[edited for italics]
    A good cannoli is hand made, not processed with pre-made junk fillings and shells. Usually a good Italian bakery should have some nice examples.

Ricotta cheese is a main ingredient for the filling too. Think of Pizza, lots has to do with the crust. Cannoli has to do with the shell too....and the filling. You can choose cardboard frozen pizza, or hand tossed wood fired pizza. The differences abound for both, as do the taste.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
    ah, gotcha, good info. seems like texture would be a part of that, a well.

I think I thought cannolis were a desert food.
    I might be confusing them with eclairs.
    They are a dessert food, a bit on the same principals as an éclair, but different. The ends are usually sprinkled with pistachio too but some cheat and use colored peanuts instead.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
    hahaha, WHAT. ricotta is used in desserts?!?
    guess it's kind of like the way cheesecake works, I suppose.

lol, colored peanuts
    LOL, yeah kinda. Ricotta can be used in hot foods or dessert foods. There's a reason why REAL food cost what it does over it's processed assembly line brethren. Ever compare the costs to a real bakery's cakes to mass marketed junk ? Labor intense and real ingredients. Bakery goods, the good stuff anyway, no way around that.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
    yeah, I've heard about custom bakery stuff being more expensive, and I can understand why. those crazy specialty cupcakes that girls seem to go nuts over, for example. Four cupcakes, $12-$16. Box of 12 Hostess - less than $3. (I do like those orange ones, though; hard to find)
  • cnhcnh Posts: 13,310
    edited April 2016
    Holy cannoli! I do believe, ala tonyb, that appreciating a good cannoli requires some "deep" ethnicity or engagement with it. For me that would be my "best" friend of almost five decades, Vin, whose grandma's were "to die for", and who learned everything from her! Guacamole? I certainly hope that was a bad attempt at a joke, lol
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
    It was, but she really did do it.
    She made real cannoli, too.

There used to be an amazing dessert-only place in Boston's North End with tremendous cannoli. It's now, apparently, closed :- ( I am sure there are other places there with fine Italian desserts. Boston's not much of a college town, as you all know, but there is good Italian food there.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Hey! Italics is working!
    It really is!

Worked fine in Firefox all along, but I just noticed it's working in Chrome now.
    Must be something in a latest release.
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,606
    Holy COW!!

Main 2CH: Wadia 301 CDP | MacBook Air | PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen Level IV mods | Bluenote Bellavista turntable with Boston Audio Design "The Mat 1", B5 Signature Arm and DV-20X2H | The Clamp | PS Audio GCPH phono preamp | PS Audio GCP-200 preamp with external PS | Innersound active crossover/bass amp | Sanders Sound ESL panel amp | SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub | Innersound Eros MK III Hybrid ESL speakers horizontally bi-amped | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 Power Plant | All cabling MIT Shotgun S1 | GIK acoustic treatments

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    Now, THIS is interesting.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
    msg wrote: »
    Hey! Italics is working!
    It really is!

Worked fine in Firefox all along, but I just noticed it's working in Chrome now.
    Must be something in a latest release.

Yeah, I, too, noticed this a week or so ago -- now that you mention it! :/

BTW, I have always been a fan of italic food.

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    BTW, I have always been a fan of italic food.

That's a pretty BOLD statement.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,021
    Seems to be a Chrome thing. Works fine in whatever MS calls their browser now (Edge?)
    I see all the italicized words just fine using the Chrome mobile browser...
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
    I see dead people...

I see people I want to make dead. Usually on the road. Playing on their phones at traffic lights. Not realizing traffic's moving again. Yet, managing to traverse those seven car lengths and blowing the yellow, while I get stuck for another fun game of Sit & Wait.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,021
    I see dead people...

They don't know they're dead.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
    $ucks for them, right?

My middle daughter and son-in-law have been in Italy for two weeks. They should be thoroughly italicised.

Main 2CH: Wadia 301 CDP | MacBook Air | PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen Level IV mods | Bluenote Bellavista turntable with Boston Audio Design "The Mat 1", B5 Signature Arm and DV-20X2H | The Clamp | PS Audio GCPH phono preamp | PS Audio GCP-200 preamp with external PS | Innersound active crossover/bass amp | Sanders Sound ESL panel amp | SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub | Innersound Eros MK III Hybrid ESL speakers horizontally bi-amped | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 Power Plant | All cabling MIT Shotgun S1 | GIK acoustic treatments

rrlznccouyxj.jpg

2»