Who's using Knukonceptz speaker wire?

Options
Looking for some feedback. What do you think? Why did you go that route? I'm debating my next speaker wire buy.
Too many good quotes to list..waiting for some fresh ammo. :)

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited October 2015
    Options
    villian wrote: »
    Looking for some feedback. What do you think? Why did you go that route? I'm debating my next speaker wire buy.

What length and budget are we talking ? Nothing to me stands out about the wire you mentioned, aside from being budget friendly. You can get a way bigger bang for your buck by buying used.

http://www.hifishark.com/
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • villian
    villian Posts: 412
    Options
    I'm just looking at bulk 100ft rolls of 10 gauge stuff. Prefer to stay under $200. No banana ends or any finishing is needed. I can do all that stuff myself.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    There is really no difference between that and any other budget wire other than it has pretty blue pvc sheathing instead of clear or pinkish pvc coating. I did see on their website where some is tinned strands. The tinned stranded stuff will have 1 thing going for though. It will not turn green in several years like all the other pvc coated budget wire I have used from say parts express. I also seen some that was twisted pairs and quad twisted pairs but still it has that pvc coating that seems to react to copper after some years.
    I switch to Canare and have never had that problem with it.

YMMV
  • tonyb
    Options
    villian wrote: »
    I'm just looking at bulk 100ft rolls of 10 gauge stuff. Prefer to stay under $200. No banana ends or any finishing is needed. I can do all that stuff myself.

100 ft rolls....why so much ? Must be one heck of a room you have there. lol

For surrounds, I can see you using standard 10-12-14 gauge, but the front 3 need something better, especially for music. At 2 bucks a foot, doesn't really matter what you get, it's all going to be roughly the same.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    If you are going budget I would do belden, or find some audioquest bulk rolls. I use belden to my rear surrounds. I used to make my own cables using bulk belden, some nice tech flex, bananas and pretty heat shrink.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I have their wire in HT setup and am very happy with it for that. It's very high strand for the gauge, it's extremely flexible and the oldest stuff I have is about 3 years and there's no "green" showing.

I compared some to the Reality cables I am using in my bedroom setup and honestly can't hear any real difference, but, having said that, most of my use is movies/TV and not music.

uvv7tykplre1.jpg
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I would go with Doug's Furez cable http://douglasconnection.com/Furez-10-AWG-2-Conductor-Speaker-Cable-Raw-FZ102.htm made a big difference from the Mono Price cable I was using
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    I used the Knukonceptz 10 gauge for a new SDA cable for my 2.3's.
    I'm pretty sure Westmassguy uses it also for his SDA cable upgrade.
    It's OFC so I wouldn't worry about that whole turning green thing.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I'm no fan of fly by night wire companies. I have seen them for years. I much prefer to put my wire needs in the hands of the tried and true tested companies that stand behind their products and have an amazing reputation in the industry.
    As a Home Theater Installer, and have been to countless trade shows and Installer Trainings, I have never heard of this company come up or anyone anywhere using their products.
    Sure they could be fine and on par with many others but why venture out into the unknown when others have mastered and keep mastering the art of wire?
    As suggested above, I'd strongly suggest going with Audioquest Flx series In wall rated speaker cable. For most speakers running in small, 14 gauge is all you need up to 50ft runs full rand and up to 100 ft running in small.
    12 gauge wire can be made easily with FLX 14-4 double up. It's actually like 11g and you can run high powered amps over those lengths full range. When running in small , there is no issues at all.
    Not to mention I have Audioquest FLX series 14-2 runs to my surround speakers which are about 40 feet or so each run, over 10 years old and no signs of oxidation when I annually take down my surrounds for cleaning the wall and checking the connections. Yeah I'm pretty anal like that but I like to test over long periods of time to make sure what I learn isn't bull crap. I have access to just about everything made and I choose Audioquest for the u canny ability to be put into any system and work flawless for years and years un colored both sonically and physically .
    Audioquest IMO is the only wire to buy period.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Agreed Skip, the company has been around a while and certainly are no fly by nighters.

Dan, that's your opinion, and while Audioquest is a rock solid company, many better cables exist, even online.

I'll still maintain that if your budget is 2 bucks a foot for 100ft....you won't find much difference in build or sound quality between brands.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    I just picked up some KnuKonceptz cable boots/pants, but have never tried their cable.

I agree that lesser wire is probably fine for your surrounds, and for the front three, maybe consider something better. I, too, can recommend Douglas Connection. I'm building some of my own with the Furez cable that Doug carries, and I like this stuff a lot so far. They seem pretty smooth under initial evaluation and should only get better. I'll probably be using Furez for my surrounds when I get around to setting them up.
    I disabled signatures.
  • villian
    villian Posts: 412
    Options
    Douglas Connection is intriguing. I'm sure I'll give them a try in the future. I just ordered a bunch of KnuKonceptz Kord @10 gauge however, so we'll see how that turns out. I've used their other products in the mobile audio world..from power wire to speaker wire, and I've always been impressed with their build quality and sound. They are among the top tier producers (If not THE top name) in mobile audio. Their entrance to the HT world is relatively new, but they're a welcome name IMO.
  • mrloren
    Options
    I made some of Dougs cables, it's not hard to make your own http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/165155/new-furez-cable-wow#latest
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    I made some of Dougs cables, it's not hard to make your own http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/165155/new-furez-cable-wow#latest

Did you bake them in your oven?

lol
  • tonyb
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »

Did you bake them in your oven?

lol

LMAO !! It's too early for that.

Besides...he's more a deep fry type of guy. lol

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    Options
    no, I like Sushi