A "keep it clean" request

KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger ModeratorPosts: 5,879
Gentlemen,
This is a reminder about the overall content of the Clubhouse category of Club Polk. I was there when Micah, Al and Paul created the forum way back when. The Clubhouse was intended to be a category where someone could talk about their day. Maybe grouse about thick traffic or "day at the park" kind of postings. It was not to be a place for "everything not related to audio" as some believe. I know some topics can be popular, but they don't belong on Club Polk.
Thanks, Ken
Old adage: "Attach enough feathers and you can get anything to fly."

Comments

• rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 10,288
    yes sir.
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Yamaha a-s2100 Amp, CD-2100 CD player, T-S500 tuner
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth p3esr, Polk RT7
    Cables: Aural Harmony Sonnet Interconnect II, WireWorld Equinox 7 speaker,
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Pangea SE14, Voltz supplied interconnects
    Optional: Arcam DV88 DVD/CD (HDCD) player, Polk SDS-400 speakers
  • Copy that, no more sausage threads.

Main System: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Wire: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,879
    Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Old adage: "Attach enough feathers and you can get anything to fly."
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,519
    Good reminder Ken. Thanks again for your involvement here.
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Mains: Def Tech Mythos 2; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000+Energy EPS-100 sub; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Rotel RSP-1069, Rotel RB-993, Polk LSiM703, LSiM704c, NHT Super One CI, MartinLogan Dynamo (Original), FireTV, Arcam rDac
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,081
    Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • cnhcnh Posts: 13,310
    edited October 2015
    Need to add this function to "vanilla"! Clean away nasty threads. And make sure to scrub behind the ears.

b8bzbv060os5.jpg
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • xcapri79xcapri79 Posts: 5,273
    Ken, we can all appreciate the balanced moderation that you bring to maintain an inclusive forum with a diverse membership. Thank you for all the effort!

Some of my equipment includes the following:
    Adcom: GCD CD Player, GFP Preamp, GFA Amp; Audio-Technica: Turn Tables; Denon: HD Radio Tuners;
    Emotiva: XSP, XPA, UPA; RSP, RPA, ERC, Stealth; Focal: Chorus Speakers;
    Harman Kardon: Receivers; Jolida: Integrated Tube Amp; Marantz: Tuners;
    McIntosh: C Preamps, MA Integrated Amps, MX Processors, MC Amps, MHT, MCD CD Players, MR Receivers, LS Speakers;
    Mirage: OMD Speakers; MM and S Subwoofers; Parasound PHP Preamp, HCA Amp;
    Pioneer: SC AVRs, BDP Blu Ray Players;
    Polk Audio: LSi, LSiM, RTi, RTIA, RM, Signature, Monitor Speakers, DSW, PSW Subwoofers;
    Sony: HD Radio Tuners; Technics: SL Turntables, Equalizers; Yamaha: Tuners;
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,613
    Message received. Thanks Ken
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,756
    Understood
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,665
    edited October 2015
    Trolls = Ignore

Sorry if offended anyone with my banter... and sorry if you are offended with my choice to ignore you.
    Post edited by Mikey081057 on
    HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A23 x2 Amps Parsound Halo A21 Amp & P5 Pre | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's| Usher BE-616 Center|KEF T100 Surrounds | SVS SB2000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Bluesound Node 2 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Budgie Phono Pre | Samsung 50" SUHD TV

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node | Audioengine P4 | Peachtree Nova 125SE |

Closet | SDA SRS 2.3's | Monitor 5B's Yamaha M80 | Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2385
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 401
    I will not tolerate your intolerant behavior... ;)
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,575
    It is a public place and an Audio forum. Yeah I see other topics in their but I'm not sure what really sparked this thread. I'm on the forum basically every day and haven't noticed anything. Then again I only read what I want to and avoid everything else.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,394
    I am clueless too but who cares.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,109
    I'm guessing you guys missed the Cleavage thread, this is just telling you that Cleavage will not be posted or talked about on this forum..
    This includes pictures of sexy models, tv, and or movie actresses...

Basically just avoid posting any pictures of a woman, and don't talk about a woman in a "she is hot, or I've had a crush on her since I was 14" and you will be safe..

Just leave the sexual part of you at the door before entering the Polk forum, and you will be safe as safe as you can be..

You have been warned!!!
    Coming Soon to a Table Near You!!!
  • xcapri79xcapri79 Posts: 5,273
    edited October 2015
    It is important to note that this is primarily an audio forum and let's keep the discussion focussed to that end allowing for a diversity of opinion, point of view, and inclusiveness of membership. Despite all our differences, we need to treat all members with respect.

Some of my equipment includes the following:
    Adcom: GCD CD Player, GFP Preamp, GFA Amp; Audio-Technica: Turn Tables; Denon: HD Radio Tuners;
    Emotiva: XSP, XPA, UPA; RSP, RPA, ERC, Stealth; Focal: Chorus Speakers;
    Harman Kardon: Receivers; Jolida: Integrated Tube Amp; Marantz: Tuners;
    McIntosh: C Preamps, MA Integrated Amps, MX Processors, MC Amps, MHT, MCD CD Players, MR Receivers, LS Speakers;
    Mirage: OMD Speakers; MM and S Subwoofers; Parasound PHP Preamp, HCA Amp;
    Pioneer: SC AVRs, BDP Blu Ray Players;
    Polk Audio: LSi, LSiM, RTi, RTIA, RM, Signature, Monitor Speakers, DSW, PSW Subwoofers;
    Sony: HD Radio Tuners; Technics: SL Turntables, Equalizers; Yamaha: Tuners;
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,675
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,388
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    It is important to note that this is primarily an audio forum and let's keep the discussion focussed to that end allowing for a diversity of opinion, point of view, and inclusiveness of membership. Despite all our differences, we need to treat all members with respect.

HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,394
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,665
    If you behavior posting on this sight doesn't improve the beatings will continue!!!
    HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A23 x2 Amps Parsound Halo A21 Amp & P5 Pre | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's| Usher BE-616 Center|KEF T100 Surrounds | SVS SB2000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Bluesound Node 2 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Budgie Phono Pre | Samsung 50" SUHD TV

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node | Audioengine P4 | Peachtree Nova 125SE |

Closet | SDA SRS 2.3's | Monitor 5B's Yamaha M80 | Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2385
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,380
    edited October 2015
    Here's what I don't get....why is it deemed non audio related posts are not needed on this forum. Yet trolls are fertilized to grow and flourish on it?!?

--Gary--
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,810
    daddyjt wrote: »

I disagree. I think a forum that limited discussion to ONLY audio (Or any one topic, for that matter) would be pretty boring. Further, by limiting discussion to ONLY audio, it becomes almost impossible to get to know one another, and forge friendships. It's those friendships that transcend any topic discussed on an internet forum, and keep a core group active on the given forum.

Might I suggest that you simply avoid the threads and topics that don't interest you and/or offend you? It's been my experience that most threads a clearly marked, thus allowing you to pick and choose the ones that may interest you. For example, I have ZERO interest in motorcycles. None. Guess what I do when I see a thread on motorcycles? That's right - I ignore it. However, I don't ask the moderator to limit discussion on motorcycles, just because I am not interested in them.

IMHO, there's far too many people trying to bend other people/things to their will in this day and age. Stop expecting others to change to accommodate you - instead, adjust yourself to fit in, and if you're not willing to do that, find a forum that is more closely aligned to your wants/needs.

ding ding ding...give this man a prize
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,883
    daddyjt wrote: »

I disagree. I think a forum that limited discussion to ONLY audio (Or any one topic, for that matter) would be pretty boring. Further, by limiting discussion to ONLY audio, it becomes almost impossible to get to know one another, and forge friendships. It's those friendships that transcend any topic discussed on an internet forum, and keep a core group active on the given forum.

Might I suggest that you simply avoid the threads and topics that don't interest you and/or offend you? It's been my experience that most threads a clearly marked, thus allowing you to pick and choose the ones that may interest you. For example, I have ZERO interest in motorcycles. None. Guess what I do when I see a thread on motorcycles? That's right - I ignore it. However, I don't ask the moderator to limit discussion on motorcycles, just because I am not interested in them.

IMHO, there's far too many people trying to bend other people/things to their will in this day and age. Stop expecting others to change to accommodate you - instead, adjust yourself to fit in, and if you're not willing to do that, find a forum that is more closely aligned to your wants/needs.

X will never fit or go away....
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 401
    dos_zpsdurvswic.jpg
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,358
    edited October 2015
    All audio related....in the clubhouse ? So lets see then.....no BBQ threads.....no Charity threads.....no fantastic pics that get posted.....Car or bike threads, pet threads,...huh ??

Some here believe cables are not audio related and make no difference to audio, we should then ban talk of cables ? What alternate universe are we living in ?

If the main argument is the cleavage thread, yeah we can tone that down some as we men tend to get carried away when it comes to good looking women.

If it's the sausage thread.....I saw nothing but tongue in cheek humor to a news story....or is humor not allowed anymore ?

Appreciate the reminder Ken, and sometimes it's well deserved, but from where I sit, all I see is a mountain being made out of a mole hill.

"Thick traffic....a day at the park".....seriously Ken ? Sure, if your in a retirement community those may be things that take up your day, many of us though have a ways to go before that happens.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,109

QFT...

Coming Soon to a Table Near You!!!
  • rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 10,288
    There has to be a line drawn somewhere.
    You should not be able to yell FIRE! in the clubhouse.
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Yamaha a-s2100 Amp, CD-2100 CD player, T-S500 tuner
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth p3esr, Polk RT7
    Cables: Aural Harmony Sonnet Interconnect II, WireWorld Equinox 7 speaker,
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Pangea SE14, Voltz supplied interconnects
    Optional: Arcam DV88 DVD/CD (HDCD) player, Polk SDS-400 speakers
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!