A "keep it clean" request

KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger ModeratorPosts: 5,794
Gentlemen,
This is a reminder about the overall content of the Clubhouse category of Club Polk. I was there when Micah, Al and Paul created the forum way back when. The Clubhouse was intended to be a category where someone could talk about their day. Maybe grouse about thick traffic or "day at the park" kind of postings. It was not to be a place for "everything not related to audio" as some believe. I know some topics can be popular, but they don't belong on Club Polk.
Thanks, Ken

Comments

• rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 9,878
    yes sir.
  • Copy that, no more sausage threads.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,794
    Thanks, I appreciate that.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,413
    Good reminder Ken. Thanks again for your involvement here.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,886
    Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto....
  • cnhcnh Posts: 13,310
    edited October 2015
    Need to add this function to "vanilla"! Clean away nasty threads. And make sure to scrub behind the ears.

b8bzbv060os5.jpg
  • xcapri79xcapri79 Posts: 5,273
    Ken, we can all appreciate the balanced moderation that you bring to maintain an inclusive forum with a diverse membership. Thank you for all the effort!
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,562
    Message received. Thanks Ken
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,594
    Understood
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,595
    edited October 2015
    Trolls = Ignore

Sorry if offended anyone with my banter... and sorry if you are offended with my choice to ignore you.
    Post edited by Mikey081057 on
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 361
    I will not tolerate your intolerant behavior... ;)
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,556
    It is a public place and an Audio forum. Yeah I see other topics in their but I'm not sure what really sparked this thread. I'm on the forum basically every day and haven't noticed anything. Then again I only read what I want to and avoid everything else.
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,359
    I am clueless too but who cares.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,018
    I'm guessing you guys missed the Cleavage thread, this is just telling you that Cleavage will not be posted or talked about on this forum..
    This includes pictures of sexy models, tv, and or movie actresses...

Basically just avoid posting any pictures of a woman, and don't talk about a woman in a "she is hot, or I've had a crush on her since I was 14" and you will be safe..

Just leave the sexual part of you at the door before entering the Polk forum, and you will be safe as safe as you can be..

You have been warned!!!
  • xcapri79xcapri79 Posts: 5,273
    edited October 2015
    It is important to note that this is primarily an audio forum and let's keep the discussion focussed to that end allowing for a diversity of opinion, point of view, and inclusiveness of membership. Despite all our differences, we need to treat all members with respect.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    It is important to note that this is primarily an audio forum and let's keep the discussion focussed to that end allowing for a diversity of opinion, point of view, and inclusiveness of membership. Despite all our differences, we need to treat all members with respect.

• ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,359
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,595
    If you behavior posting on this sight doesn't improve the beatings will continue!!!
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,380
    edited October 2015
    Here's what I don't get....why is it deemed non audio related posts are not needed on this forum. Yet trolls are fertilized to grow and flourish on it?!?

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,443
    daddyjt wrote: »

I disagree. I think a forum that limited discussion to ONLY audio (Or any one topic, for that matter) would be pretty boring. Further, by limiting discussion to ONLY audio, it becomes almost impossible to get to know one another, and forge friendships. It's those friendships that transcend any topic discussed on an internet forum, and keep a core group active on the given forum.

Might I suggest that you simply avoid the threads and topics that don't interest you and/or offend you? It's been my experience that most threads a clearly marked, thus allowing you to pick and choose the ones that may interest you. For example, I have ZERO interest in motorcycles. None. Guess what I do when I see a thread on motorcycles? That's right - I ignore it. However, I don't ask the moderator to limit discussion on motorcycles, just because I am not interested in them.

IMHO, there's far too many people trying to bend other people/things to their will in this day and age. Stop expecting others to change to accommodate you - instead, adjust yourself to fit in, and if you're not willing to do that, find a forum that is more closely aligned to your wants/needs.

ding ding ding...give this man a prize
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,691
    daddyjt wrote: »

I disagree. I think a forum that limited discussion to ONLY audio (Or any one topic, for that matter) would be pretty boring. Further, by limiting discussion to ONLY audio, it becomes almost impossible to get to know one another, and forge friendships. It's those friendships that transcend any topic discussed on an internet forum, and keep a core group active on the given forum.

Might I suggest that you simply avoid the threads and topics that don't interest you and/or offend you? It's been my experience that most threads a clearly marked, thus allowing you to pick and choose the ones that may interest you. For example, I have ZERO interest in motorcycles. None. Guess what I do when I see a thread on motorcycles? That's right - I ignore it. However, I don't ask the moderator to limit discussion on motorcycles, just because I am not interested in them.

IMHO, there's far too many people trying to bend other people/things to their will in this day and age. Stop expecting others to change to accommodate you - instead, adjust yourself to fit in, and if you're not willing to do that, find a forum that is more closely aligned to your wants/needs.

X will never fit or go away....
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 361
    dos_zpsdurvswic.jpg
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,210
    edited October 2015
    All audio related....in the clubhouse ? So lets see then.....no BBQ threads.....no Charity threads.....no fantastic pics that get posted.....Car or bike threads, pet threads,...huh ??

Some here believe cables are not audio related and make no difference to audio, we should then ban talk of cables ? What alternate universe are we living in ?

If the main argument is the cleavage thread, yeah we can tone that down some as we men tend to get carried away when it comes to good looking women.

If it's the sausage thread.....I saw nothing but tongue in cheek humor to a news story....or is humor not allowed anymore ?

Appreciate the reminder Ken, and sometimes it's well deserved, but from where I sit, all I see is a mountain being made out of a mole hill.

"Thick traffic....a day at the park".....seriously Ken ? Sure, if your in a retirement community those may be things that take up your day, many of us though have a ways to go before that happens.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,018

QFT...

• rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 9,878
    There has to be a line drawn somewhere.
    You should not be able to yell FIRE! in the clubhouse.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!