Jantzen C Coil SDA Inductors
Supra Rondo 13 Awg Internal Wiring, Gold Disconnects

Other -
Lexan Substrate
Point to point, Supra Rondo 13 Awg
Custom 3D Printed Connector Mount, Personalized
Supra Rondo 13 Awg SDA Cable, Neutrik NL4

l9370yuk9cgt.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Trey, can you describe the difference in sound quality between the Mills 12 watt and the Mundorf MOX resistors? How about cost difference?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    (YMMV)

Mills - Warmer, but also hides quite a bit of detail, particularly macro details and natural decay, Ive never been a fan of the 12 watt mills. On the flip side, I frequently use the MRC50, the 50 Watt Mills in my projects where the owner wants Duelund performance but the price prohibits it due to quantity needed, etc. Like the Legacy build, using Duelund would have been astronomical, but the MRC50 is the same price of the 12 watt and is extremely clean, clear, detailed and transparent.

The Mundorf I like because it does not really hide any details, it does lean towards the brighter side of the tonality but it reveals a lot of the macro details you would otherwise miss with the 12 watt Mills (YMMV)

Mundorf is $2.50 each
    Mills is $5.00 each (12 watt or MRC50)

I sometimes have to make decisions based on suppliers and space savings, the MRC50 is quite a bit larger than the Mundorf and require a different mounting method which does not really make it ideal for me to use often.

On a completely different topic, when I had my Super Towers and was combing through resistors, I use the Mills (12w and MRC50), Duelund, Mundorf and a cheap "Eagle" brand resistor and the synergy in that system actually sounded better with the Eagle resistor. So to conclude this message, brand and money aside, sometimes it is good to test different things within your system as certain parts will sound better than others on your system than others and to your ears.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    I really like the Mundorf.
  • VR3
    Options
    I agree Conrad, it is solid.

Have you ever tried the Mundorf Supreme? I ran it a few times and was always impressed but felt the price point was a bit odd given its competition.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply Trey.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VR3
    Options
    Yes sir :D
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    Impressive!
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    Can't wait to see the 2.3 Abbot build!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Where is a good place to buy gold quick connects (internal wire to driver or tweeter).
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    Where is a good place to buy gold quick connects (internal wire to driver or tweeter).
    Picked up mine at auto zone and advanced auto
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    can't wait to see the 2.3 Abbot build
  • machone
    Options
    I will be rebuilding the crossovers in my 2.3tl's sometime in the near future. I plan to use gimpod's boards. If at sometime in the future I wish to upgrade the internal wiring I assume that the male half of the Mate-N-Lock connectors would need to be ordered so that a new wiring harness could constructed?
    If so how are the wires attached to the pins inside the male connector?
    Crimped? Soldered?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Crimped
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• machone
    Options
    I guess that would be the Pro-Crimper III on the Mouser catalog page for $250?
    Forget that!
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    You don't need anything like that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• machone
    Options
    Good. The pins and connectors don't cost that much so maybe I will order them along with the headers for x-over boards and figure out the wiring harness later.
    Thanks F1
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4