PSW505

Options
Dear customer service: I contacted you via email TWO MONTHS ago concerning a problem with my amp. I received a quick response and was told a new amp would be sent but they were on 2 week backorder. I said ok great and provided all the requested information, serial#, address, phone# etc.

Despite multiple email inquiries I have not received another response from customer service and still have not seen my amp.

The email I used is chuck3@gmail.com

Could someone please tell me what's going on? Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello Chuck,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I've forwarded your post to Polk's CS guys and will relate their response.
    Regards, Ken
  • chuck3
    chuck3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Chuck,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I've forwarded your post to Polk's CS guys and will relate their response.
    Regards, Ken

Thanks Ken.

CS did respond yesterday and informed they expect the amps to arrive in 3 weeks. So I'm looking at being without for a total of 3 months.

Initially I was ok with the 2 week backorder, stuff happens. Was just unhappy with the lack of communication. It would have taken someone all of 2 minutes to respond to one my several emails to let me know the status.

Now I'm beginning to question choosing Polk products. Sure, I got a great deal on this sub, and it sounded good. But I've only had it for 9 months, and unable to use for 3 months.

This makes me re-think the value proposition of investing in Polk Audio

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You're welcome, Chuck. I can certainly understand your frustration, I'd probably feel the same way. I can point out that what usually happens is that Polk is able to send replacement parts within a few days of needing them. But, sometimes unusual delays happen, mostly at the manufacturing end of things.
    But, that doesn't change your circumstances and I hope you get the sub working again as quickly as humanly possible.
    Regards, Ken
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    I've got two of those for about 3 years no problems. Sooner or later a bad one gets through. Sounds like you got a bad service rep, not company, always get their full name it makes a difference whoever you deal with at any company.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • MyPSW505
    MyPSW505 Posts: 3
    Options
    dear customer service:

my PSW505 subwoofer has stop producing sound recently. it still powers on with indicator light but there is no sound from the woofer.

would someone kindly guide me as to how the problem can be resolved?

thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The best place to begin is with Polk CS at 1-800-377-7655 and I'm sure they can help.
    Regards, Ken
  • MyPSW505
    Options
    hi Ken,

thanks for your response; i will give Polk CS a call.

one other question i have is that i purchased this subwoofer from a friend of mine sometime ago, so i am not the original owner.

would Polk Audio still honor the warranty and repair for free?

thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    The product warranty is for the original owner, mention you have joined Club Polk for a reduction in possible parts needed.
    In rereading your first post, it might be a good idea to remove the sub's grille cover and take out the screws that go around the circumference of the woofer. Then use a putty knife to loosen the woofer in the cabinet and pull it out. Then see if the red wire and the black wire are firmly attached. Hopefully one of them has just come loose and the unit will work.
  • MyPSW505
    Options
    thank you, Ken, for your suggestions. i will take a look at the connections at the woofer.