got my thump back

Options
So after moaning on the set up-pages that my sub-woofer cable and position was beat it's all resolved now.With some advice from Mantis I ran a double braided shield coax last week and was waiting on some ends from Monprice. They came and w/ my compression fitting F-connector ends on already on these fittings were they way to go. They are coax female to male RCA ends. I shut down everything screw on the fittings and just played my Yamaha RX-V665 w/ dock and I-Pod. The sound is great location is the only place in the actual room it belongs and now all is well w/ the world.
That ground problem I knew was happening and I know you dudes are going laugh your asses off but I introduced my own ground into the system. When I bought my Dynaco Pat-4 pre/amp the dude still had it hooked up for me to hear the device. Undoing it he said oh, I forgot the ground wire and undid that. Ground wire to his tt that is, not a house ground. My tt has no such ground wire and is probably taken off the negative rca lead.
So shame on me. but I did figure it out and both systems are hum and noise free.v5t2sjejq7vf.jpg
jvx32dcp5bz3.jpg
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Options
    I'm glad you were able to fix the problem ;). Hum noise is annoying.
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    You got that right. When you think everything is dialed in and get that noise it's more than annoying it's very frustrating. When you yourself cause it then it's hair pulling time. The sub w/ RG-6 and the fittings really work great and Dan saved me a lot of cash by telling me coax was the way to go and I had it already except for the 2 fittings which were 82 cents a piece at MonoPrice.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Glad you got everything worked out Lew. Are you going to kick back, and actually enjoy your babies now?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Obviously w/o the sub the H/T was so weak it wasn't worth using except to get to my sources and then go 2chl. It is dialed in well as it's a bottom firing 8" pwrd. sub w/ a rear port. This little Klipsch set is not to be under estimated. It was the Yamaha RX-V665 avr that clipped not the speakers causing the clipping. I did call Klipsch and they actually laughed and said those smalls and sub can handle 100 watts. I asked, like McIntosh type watts or avr divided b/s watts. Again they laughed and no true amplifier watts.
    Dave, I did e-mail you this morning. I waited, I didn't want it to go out as early as you replied here... Thanks, Lew