Cedia 2015: Dallas

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2015 in Gatherings & Special Events
Alright, Cedia was a fun event with many more vendors/companies than listed. Audio to theater to installs to smart home and everything between.

/*
Polk | MBL | Golden Ears | Def Tech | Burmester | Bryston | Velodyn | Hegel | Marantz
Pioneer | Sony | JVC | Stewart | Seymour | Da-lite | Focal | KEF | Dynaudio | JBL
Martin Logan | Anthem | and too many more to list
*/

I enjoyed the Atmos experience as there were many theater setups. Anyhow, some pics..

First pic is of halen, ridiculously good looking Asian, with Ron and Skip. Another is with Skip and Colton. The rest of the pics are not important. Ha. Many more to come.


8fdyrcc1x3w9.png
14d26zcyu9hd.png


Comments

  • Much more, but it's audio and gorgeous women pics (yes together). Stuff this forum isn't really interested in. So I will stop here.

    Enjoy,

    halen
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,442
    Good stuff Halen. That's some crazy, crazy gear. I know you boys had a great time.
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,691
    edited October 2015
    Wow, a lot of audio p o r n.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,902
    It was a visually stunning event for the audiophile. Not many had setups where you could get a feel for the gear, and those that did often had less than stellar attention to detail. For instance, the $13k Dynaudio speakers didn't even have the spikes on them. You could easily tell the demographics this show was shooting for, and it wasn't the high end audio snob.

    Still, I'm putting it on my calendar next year and hope to be able to attend again. I might spread my time out over two days as there is just so much there. I feel like I just scratched the surface.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,372
    Awesome pics Halen! Thanks
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,553
    Thanks for all the pics. Quite frankly, I found the majority of the fashion plate speakers to be fugly! I'll take the understated looks of the Polks, and Dynaudios any day of the week.

    It also looks like they are trying to have silver plated audio gear make a come back.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,204
    Those Focal Sopra's look sweet.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,631
    Nice!! Thanks for the pics. From the setup, it looks like it would be hard to get a handle on how something sounds. More for show vs how it sounds? Or am I off base here?
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,902
    edited October 2015
    See my previous post:
    DSkip wrote: »
    It was a visually stunning event for the audiophile. Not many had setups where you could get a feel for the gear, and those that did often had less than stellar attention to detail. For instance, the $13k Dynaudio speakers didn't even have the spikes on them. You could easily tell the demographics this show was shooting for, and it wasn't the high end audio snob.

    Still, I'm putting it on my calendar next year and hope to be able to attend again. I might spread my time out over two days as there is just so much there. I feel like I just scratched the surface.

    ;)
  • Thank you for the pictures everyone! The team is always busy at tradeshows so we don't get much time to see everything.
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 5,701
    Glad you guys enjoyed... I couldn't make it past the registration because they would not allow the baby through.

    Ah well...
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,902
    You're 'kidding' me man. Sorry you couldn't get in. Now I feel guilty.
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 5,701
    DSkip wrote: »
    You're 'kidding' me man. Sorry you couldn't get in. Now I feel guilty.

    Do not feel guilty skip... it was my mistake. I thought that having a +1 was ok. But I guess not.

    No worries... we went to Chuck E Cheese and I had more fun there with my 2 girls (wife and baby) than I do with my audio gear. :smile:

    I'm a good sport.

    I'm just glad you guys went and got to see some cool stuff. Next year, I will know.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,372
    Question? are these KEF's?
    89h2mo57i4d7.png
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,429
    Yes the Muons, they were on display but not hooked up. The blades were hooked up
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 5,701
    All I can think of with those muons are that they'd be a ***** to move...
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,902
    Joey_V wrote: »
    All I can think of with those muons are that they'd be a ***** to move...

    For you? Maybe. For men with hair on their arms like me?

    tumblr_lj22orBoPn1qakh43o1_500.gif
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,429
    Joey_V wrote: »
    All I can think of with those muons are that they'd be a ***** to move...

    Nah bro just like a woman, stand behind her wrap your arms around her waist and....well you get the picture, no need to offend ;)
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    All I can think of with those muons are that they'd be a ***** to move...

    Nah bro just like a woman, stand behind her wrap your arms around her waist and....well you get the picture, no need to offend ;)

    I'm offended and I'm tellin' mom....
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,134
    DSkip wrote: »
    For you? Maybe. For men with hair on their arms like me?
    *snicker snicker* Look what i started >:)
    Hotdog arms...lmao!
  • scottyboy76scottyboy76 Posts: 2,931
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Thanks for all the pics. Quite frankly, I found the majority of the fashion plate speakers to be fugly! I'll take the understated looks of the Polks, and Dynaudios any day of the week.

    It also looks like they are trying to have silver plated audio gear make a come back.

    I wondered if it was just me, thanks cathy.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!