dynamat Extreme CDP

Options
motorhead43026
motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
edited October 2015 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Installed dynamat on the interior of my cdp. This included the lid underside and any other exposed stamped steel. Also stuck some on the stationary parts of the transport. This has to be one of the cheapest and best mods I have done. I was surprised the difference it made in vocals, especially male. The midrange overall is cleaner and clearer, nice. Very easy, cheap and simple mod.
2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
Post edited by motorhead43026 on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I found that transports react the most significantly with damping, specialty feet/cones.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    what's the difference between a transport and a source?
    I disabled signatures.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Source normally means your using RCA out and the units internal DACs. Transport means your using digital out to another normally better DAC..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    ahh, I see. thanks. something I'd see from time to time and was unsure.
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I saw Cambridge has a CXC CD Transport that their bragging about that has no DAC in it, just a single speed Transport made especially for music!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    msg wrote: »

In my context, I mean a disc spinner that is prone to alot of self-induced vibration.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    I never bought into doing devices and all my cdp are mostly plastic except for my Sony 5 disc that got moved to my bdrm and nothing will be done to that.When I was looking for a pre/amp ages ago on E-Bay there was a NAD lined w/ sonic barrier ,so there must be something to this. It was not a forum member..
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc