PORSCHE MISSION E.. Sal The Leaf Blows in comparison...

Options
13»

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Ahh Cool. I wish I was in Florida. I love the weather. Hate the cold and snow. 5 years ago I found on Craigslist a pair of 1.2's in NYC for $550. So I bought them. Yeah. I Love what you did to the CRS+'s and they were my first Polks. Would love to have them in my living room.

Nothing cool about it. Hot! But yes, nothing made me happier than the day I sold my snow thrower.

Thats a pretty crazy buy to get 1.2's for so cheap. No wonder you have a spare pair! But the CRSs are keepers for me. My room is nowhere near big enough for anything bigger. And the little guys do an incredible job of blowing that room away. For the first time, I'm actually in a place where I want to make zero changes in my system, I love it exactly the way it is!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Hot off the Press:

Porsche installs first ultra-fast 350 kW EV charging station

https://electrek.co/2017/07/14/porsche-350-kw-ev-charging-station/

Whats so hot about it Sal.....you gonna drive to Berlin to take advantage of it ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Hot off the Press:

Whats so hot about it Sal.....you gonna drive to Berlin to take advantage of it ? lol

He'll sail on that diesel ship to get there... :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Hot off the Press:

He'll sail on that diesel ship to get there... :)

Just think of the MPG he'll get....on a boat. lol

What this amounts to is....a high end car marker coming out with another accessory for their high end clients....which amounts to a hill of beans to 95% of everyone else.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    If those stations are not built in the U.S., shipping and construction of these units need to be equated

I would assume that the jackets of the cabling are derived from petroleum also.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I would assume that the jackets of the cabling are derived from petroleum also.

Nah its greener than that they went back to Sperm Whale oil
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Flipping through the channels, come across Formula E racing.....electric/battery powered open wheel race cars. The only sound they make is a whiny sort of noise......ugh boring. Changed the channel.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    Options
    Formula E kind of sounds like slot car racing.
    That was fun when I was 10. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Flipping through the channels, come across Formula E racing.....electric/battery powered open wheel race cars. The only sound they make is a whiny sort of noise......ugh boring. Changed the channel.

F1. Did you feel the same way when industry went from Carb to Fuel Injected?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited July 2017
    Options
    halen wrote: »

Pffft.... when it went down from V-10...I shed a tear.

GT3 unlimited all the way on road courses now!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options

That's a pretty silly question.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    Options
    Still miss that sound of Holly double pumpers ontop of a high rise manifold.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halen
    Options

That's a pretty silly question.

Hehe.

I still have a Stang in OKC with gutted cats strapped with a Vortech. I may have spelled the name wrong, ot had been so long. Is mandrel bent still around?
  • halen
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Pffft.... when it went down from V-10...I shed a tear.

GT3 unlimited all the way on road courses now!

Haha. Weren't you during this time of ABS?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Read the article. Read your post.
    Did i miss something? :neutral:

Porsche is testing a more expensive, shorter range EV aimed at Tesla. Did you expect Porsche to cost less than Tesla? You're buying the name, first and foremost. The car comes 2nd.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    So I drove my 3/4 ton diesel GMC from Alabama to Texas, yesterday out, today back...460 miles each way.

460 miles in a leaf would have taken me a minimum 4 charges, @ $7.50 a charge, 30min-2hrs per charge. I charge $85 an hour...I'll discount that $45 if it makes you feel any better.

Anyway, long story short ....my diesel fuel cost $48.

cga0kz1qf55v.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    I love the smell of carbon-monoxide in the morning.

dxm4fpgogj68.jpg