PORSCHE MISSION E.. Sal The Leaf Blows in comparison...

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,435
    Kinda like the fluorescent light bulbs that you can't legally just throw in the trash because of the chemicals

Double edged BS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,764
    Actually, if the argument is coal vs. electricity and which type of car emits more emissions.....not many give a hoot. It's not going to change a thing.

If buying electric cars makes you feel better about yourself, rock on and enjoy it. Just don't ask others to help pay for it is all I'm sayin'.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,900
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Kinda like the fluorescent light bulbs that you can't legally just throw in the trash because of the chemicals

Double edged BS

I live on the edge. I wait till the cop down the street can see me, then dump a box into the trash........

Arrest me copper!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,044
    Such a rebel Dan....
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Such a rebel Dan....

I am, you have NOOO IDEA ;) . I jump on cracks, never look both ways before I cross the street, refuse to carpool, only mow my grass on ozone days, and never look before I leap.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,936
    I bet you measure twice before you cut though... :p
    scubalab wrote: »

you do not know Dan it is more like 20x then go reference it on the computer measure 20x again. it goes on and on... it will get cut in 12 days.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,999
    Are we really doing this again? ;)

I beat a smart car yesterday. That's .5 of a win right? Makes my car look like a land boat.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,452
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Are we really doing this again? ;)

I beat a smart car yesterday. That's .5 of a win right? Makes my car look like a land boat.

In the words of my grandmother..."I fluffed" near a smart car the other day and this happened. I am ashamed and astonished at the same time!

article-2599110-1CE95B1000000578-524_634x373.jpg
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball

you do not know Dan it is more like 20x then go reference it on the computer measure 20x again. it goes on and on... it will get cut in 12 days.

But I only have to cut it once :wink:

yes you do..... I never argued that in the least ;)
    ssvyy65cy7ev.jpg

man if that sucker rolled over it would go for miles...
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,680
    edited June 16

It took him six days to tell me where to put the dedicated outlets behind the HT cabinet.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,936
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It took him six days to tell me where to put the dedicated outlets behind the HT cabinet.

That doesn't surprise me Russ. Dan knew the dimensions of my DIY subs better than I did... and I was the one who built them... I'm being totally serious here!
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |

LMAO....takes him 7 to return a PM. Boy has to investigate the IP address, where you went to High school, who your friends are, police reports, and if you ever dated his sister. :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,476
    edited June 18
    LOLOLOL
    too many funny parts to reference.
    I saw one of these once when I was a kid. It was only parked, though. right side up. not exciting.

haaaaaaaaahahahahaaa! 3:05 - dropping in to chat with other Reliant Robin enthusiasts at a meet.

He had an off day didn't he lol
  • cmy330gocmy330go Posts: 2,265
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is a little surprising. I expect it from PFB, but some of the others spewing crap that they once saw/heard in the paid-for media is a little disappointing.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
    cmy330go wrote: »
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is a little surprising. I expect it from PFB, but some of the others spewing crap that they once saw/heard in the paid-for media is a little disappointing.

Such as?

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,752
    Hey Sal, question for you. They say evs have x amount of miles per charge, is it also based on time/ hours. If I'm stuck on the highway for 2-3 hrs because of an accident I'm thinking I might not be able to make it home.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

Willow wrote: »
    Hey Sal, question for you. They say evs have x amount of miles per charge, is it also based on time/ hours. If I'm stuck on the highway for 2-3 hrs because of an accident I'm thinking I might not be able to make it home.

Especially in the winter when you need the heat going and windshield wipers....headlights on...and you left work with a 30% charge left for use.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
    tonyb wrote: »

Especially in the winter when you need the heat going and windshield wipers....headlights on...and you left work with a 30% charge left for use.

I never even thought about that. How does an electric car create heat? Creating heat with electricity takes a lot of energy, look at space heaters that plug into the wall. They pull hundreds and hundreds of watts.

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,752
    I wasn't asking to be an a$$. I am very interested as to how they really hold up in the cold added with traffic and heat and lights and radio and heated seats (if they have them)
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

tonyb wrote: »

I never even thought about that. How does an electric car create heat? Creating heat with electricity takes a lot of energy, look at space heaters that plug into the wall. They pull hundreds and hundreds of watts.

Not sure, maybe Sal can answer that. I do know on principle that they also generate electricity themselves to some degree, but the car has to be moving, least I thought so.

Last thing I want, speaking only for myself, is one more thing to think about at the end of the day. Who wants to have to plan your route around available charging stations.....daily ?

Stuff comes up. Say you have to leave work, run home and grab the dog for a vet appointment. Run the dog back home and quickly get your rear end back to work. Now when you go to leave work you have less available battery power than you had planned for.

Then what ? Look for the closest recharging station ? What if it's bad weather ? Traffic is horrible or when you get there it's out of order....surprise. Too many variables, too many different circumstances to account for at the end of the day when all you want is to go home and chill.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet