Emerald Physics CS2 - If you love live sound, you're in for a treat

Options
Hey guys, been a while since I've been around. Lots of life has been happening. haha

Anyway, I've downsized and simplified, and I'm now on bookshelves and don't have the room for these incredible speakers.

I will update the thread with pics, but they're in great shape. No snags, runs, dents, etc. They're super efficient, and INCREDIBLY dynamic. Open baffle and just super natural. I've never owned a better speaker at sounding like a live event. Just stunningly spacious from open baffle design and point source high end. Comes with the Behringer crossover and for the asking price of $1050 I will include $500 in MIT interconnects for the crossover. For an additional $50 I will include an upgraded Pangea AC-9 power cable for the crossover.

Again, I will try to get some pics up soon. Let me know of any interest.

For those not familiar with me here, I have a a history of dozens of successful transactions here, polk and otherwise. I go out of my way to make sure a buyer is happy. I have a 100% positive rating on ebay, audiogon, AVS, etc.

Thanks for looking.

I also have a few for items for sale, like an Empire Troubadour 598 with walnut plinth and cover, with original booklet, a manual, tools, downforce scale, and an original NOS flat Empire platter band. working cue light, arm lift, etc. $475 Polkie special

NHT SW-2 10" subwoofer and MA-1 sub amp with upgraded cables. great little musical sub. Especially considering I'd take only $125 for it

Have a great day
design is where science and art break even.

Comments

• newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    Options
    Oh, I'm in the West burbs of Chicago. That information used to show upp under my screen name and sig ,but appears as though that has changed.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    Welcome back kiddo.

Nice gear here and at good prices, buy with confidence.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    I'm guessing no shipping??
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Welcome back in newrival, looks like some excellent gear, GLWTS !
  • newrival
    Options
    thanks, guys! It's been a whirlwind the last two years. Finally settling down and listening habits have changed, as well as my listening space, so time to pass along some great gear. I know a few polkies have had their ears on the system and really enjoyed it.
  • newrival
    Options
    @Toolfan66 I definitely will ship. I have all the original shipping materials and will add extra bolstering to ensure their safety. Let me know if you're interested and I can pull a quote together for you. There is also the possibility of me hand delivering them based on your location, as I do do some travel for work.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    You can buy from him with confidence. Good person as well as a trusted seller.
    I have heard the speakers a few times and they do sound great.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,095
    Options
    Pix, plz . . . TY!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • newrival
    Options
    Brian! how are you, my friend?
    We should catch up soon.
    Thanks for the endorsement.
  • newrival
    Options
    @GlennDog I will get pics soon. Unfortunately am unable to until the 22nd as I am out of country. Will update when I return. Thanks!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    I am doing ok. Hope all is good with you also.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • newrival
    Options
    lap84p5e0q1g.jpg

they look just like this
  • newrival
    Options
    s8zxelrhzko6.jpg
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    Options
    Interested in the sub once pics are up.
  • newrival
    Options
    Hey, guys, in the spirit of the holidays, and in the spirit of clearing some floor space, I'm going to offer a discount on the emerald physics. The first $800 takes them.

I will deliver within 100 miles or so.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    $800 is just a no brainer for those in need of a new set of speakers that like a big sound.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    Damn too bad you're so far away.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Oh Man, where's money for 2 ch gear when you need it? I'm actually driving distance away. I was blown away by the CS3 demo system at AXPONA back in 2014. I'm a fan of the idea of DSP assistance in taking some of the room out of play. Especially in a case like mine where I'm trying to convince the Mrs. to OK a second 2 channel system in the living room. No way in hell is she going for room treatments and such in there!

If I could I would be all over these. Right now I'm considering some cheaper Usher 6311's for that space.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    Options
    Does anybody know if a Parasound HCA 1205 sufficiently power these?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »

Yes, and you will be surprised what these do. They are always one of my show favorites.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »

They are pretty sensitive speakers: Sensitivity: 100db 2.83v @ 1M @ 1kHz
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • newrival
    Options
    The Polkie I was holding these for is not available to purchase the Emerald Physics, so consider these back on the auction block. So to speak. :)

I will be putting these up on Craigslist now, too.

I'm quite surprised no one is picking these up at this price. I suppose many people just haven't heard, first hand, what they are capable of.
  • newrival
    Options
    still available. $800 and I will travel a reasonable distance. For $900 I will throw in every upgraded cable you will need, including two pairs of MIT speaker cables. A $1000 value
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Can you figure out what it will cost to ship these to 80229??
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Bump, still interested.. :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Empire Troubadour 598 have the/a cart?
  • newrival
    Options
    Sorry guys, wasn't subscribed to my thread.
    I'm going to get you a shipping quote in the next day or two.

Happy new year!

And yes, the 598 has an empire 1000z/ex cart
  • Cryo185
    Options
    Hi,
    Are the speakers still available?

Cryo185
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    Cryo185 wrote: »
    Hi,

Cryo185

You cannot buy them because you have made no contribution as of yet, you need 1000 posts to be in line sir!

I would be very interested to see what shipping would be on these as open baffle speakers are on my audio bucket list.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Cryo185 wrote: »
    Hi,

Cryo185

I would be very interested to see what shipping would be on these as open baffle speakers are on my audio bucket list.

Re-read the rules PFB...it's up to the seller
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a