Digital snag

Options

I bought a Wyred4Sound DAC1 to use with my Laptop AMD E-350 processor 4G of Ram 64Bit Win 7
It's a Toshiba Notebook it's what I use to play all my music with an external 2TB HD

My issue is the DAC requires a USB driver to properly, I installed proper driver but when I select it to use I get an error message, saying the ASIO driver 44.1KHz 2channel is not compatible and the program I use JRiver stops working till I select an other driver in its list, so I select a generic USB driver and everything's fine again.
I installed the DAC properly so I'm thinking it's just not compatible with the AMD e-350 driver chipset???
So it works with a generic driver and not the one designed to run the DAC1, so I can't help but think I'm losing out not on better sound by not using the right driver..

It's an older laptop. Had sitting around doing nothing..if I need to upgrade to a better one then I will?

Thanks for any help.
ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables

Comments

• Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    Btw JRiver Rocks one hell of an Awesome piece of Software..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,107
    Options
    I have JRiver and agree it is a great piece of software. Can't suggest anything for your particular problem, though - have you tried asking the question on the JRiver forum (Interact)? I've found the folks there pretty helpful in the past.
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    Thanks Oleboot..
    I have asked on the JRiver forum and just got a reply by the Admin, saying if it works with the generic usb driver, just use that..
    He says there's no reason to expect better sound from a different driver..??
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,107
    Options
    Kind of depends who replies over there - there is a strong "bits is bits" camp, but not all. Maybe someone else will chime in. Or maybe the guy's right. Dunno. Anyway, if it sounds good....