Polk SDA 2.3TL $800 Local Pickup Northern Virginia

Options
Putting this pair up for sale. They have RDO tweeters, Larry's rings and dynamat on the passive radiators and midwoofer drivers, and the original pin/blade SDA cable. A couple of the binding posts appear to have been replaced by the original owner as they are gold plated rather than the originals. No other issues. They sound great. The rings and dynamat really tightened up the low end and provide better clarity/less ringing across the board. I'm moving on to try different types of speakers, which is the only reason for sale.

Price is $800 pickup only in the Northern Virginia area.

33vjbtky69np.jpg
8lbl7kuq8u54.jpg
41bvldzt9q4q.jpg
3yvb28wfyfrh.jpg
hboyxpklb6mu.jpg
leamtpmmbawq.jpg
osckc58zblib.jpg
igsf0675dnuz.jpg

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Nice deal they look like they are in nice shape, someone's going to get a good deal hopefully they stay in the family. I guess your moving on to something different, I bought a wonderfull pair of 2.3tls off of Ryan fully modded and I'm content and have no desire to even consider anything else, somebody should grab these. What are you going to replace them with?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Swilton
    Swilton Posts: 8
    Options
    Do you know anybody who could drive them to the Minnesota area? I'd love to own these!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    What are you going to replace them with?

I have owned Spendor speakers before and will probably go back to those for a while. Different, but not necessarily better at everything.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaag...
    the hoarder in me says yes yes yes
    the adult in me says no no no, and just slapped down my outreached hands.

friggin' sweet deal on these. significantly less than I paid for mine. mine had the tweeters, but none of the rest, AND mine need work.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Emlyn...did you install the rings and tweeters, or did the previous owner? Are the crossovers stock?
  • Emlyn
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I did the upgrades. The crossovers are untouched. I have had this pair for around 7 years.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Bump. These will be available here until Friday, July 31.
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,175
    Options
    Interested. Where about in Virginia?
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Springfield/Burke area outside the beltway.
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,175
    Options
    Sending PM
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • Emlyn
    Options
    PM responded to. These are still for sale.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Buy from Mark with confidence!
    Carl

• Emlyn
    Options
    These are on hold for a member for a week.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This is a DEAL folks. I hope that the member who has these on hold can make it happen. To the member interested, PM me and I will help make it happen. Peace.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    This is a really good deal if you want some of the best SDA's ever produced. They already have the RD-0198's, $300 worth of upgrades, + the rings.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Emlyn
    Options
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Whew! I was getting weaker by the day. Congrats!
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    m8k92jianp38.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    Nice to meet you Mark. Heading home with my 2.3 TL's

Bill
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Emlyn
    Options
    Good to meet you and Kurt. Happy listening!
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Nice grab, you're gonna love the 2.3tl's
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • drumminman
    Options
    Congrats P-man! What will you be using to drive them?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    Congrats P-man! What will you be using to drive them?

McIntosh MC7270 lqg9xjmclhpi.gif

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• drumminman
    Options
    That should make 'em sing.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    Congrats on both ends, great offering and nice snag pman.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Congrats on the sale guys, nice to see them stay in the family! ;)
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    That is $800.00 well spent.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.