Woodbourne not powering up and don't have remote.

Options
Wijay
Wijay Posts: 2
My new Woodbourne stopped powering up after 2 weeks. I can see the orange standby light is on but dim. BTW, I lost the remote during transport so I was only able to operate it via the front switches - it worked fine when it did. How should I go about troubleshooting it now. I have tried basic diagnostics, inc. keeping it unplugged for days, holding on various key combinations on the front panel, etc. I think it appears to be a power on problem. So I'm thinking some reset might work. Will having a remote help?
I cannot return it as I bought it at Frys and now I'm in Sydney, Australia. I'm reasonably technical so happy to follow advice in troubleshooting and repair anything electronic.

Thanks.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. What is the operating voltage and frequency in Australia? It would be best to contact Polk's CS department via email to: polkcs@polkaudio.com and explain what is happening.
    Regards, Ken
  • Wijay
    Wijay Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Ken,
    Thanks for your comment. Voltage/frequency are 240/50. But the Woodbourne supports both 110/240. It did work for a period of 3+ weeks on 240. I have also tried 110V as I have that at home.
    I have contacted Polk customer support but no response from them other than to say a ticket has been created. I have also left messages. I must say the Polk customer support experience has been very poor for me so far. I will try sending an email again.
    Wijay
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation. Polk's CS will return to work tomorrow (Monday on this side of the globe) and will answer your email as quickly as possible. I'll send a copy of this thread to Polk's CS representatives directly, perhaps that will speed things up a bit.
    Regards, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello Wiijay,
    It might be best to contact Polk directly at: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com
    He's aware of your situation.
    Cheers, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Here is the contact information for the Australian importers:

International Dynamics

email: internationaldynamics.com.au

129 Palmer St
    Richmond VIC 3121
    Australia

Phone: 03 9426 3600
    Fax: 03 9426 3633
  • americaneon
    Options
    any update on this as mine isn't powering up and I'm in the US.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It would be best to contact Polk at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 when prompted. Have the serial number and date/place of purchase handy when you call.
    Regards, Ken
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    any update on this as mine isn't powering up and I'm in the US.

Is it not powering on, or is there no sound?