Linguini, Bigoli, Capellini, Spaghettini, and Mafaldine!

I know it dont help that I have 4 BDP's hooked up but I have 3 amps, a TT and an AVR that I must have. What do you folks do with all of your cabling, is it in knots like mine?

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    My wife keeps me honest, at least with my main rig.

She will not allow a cable to be visible!

Now, capellini -- I love it with a little olive oil, sautéed garlic and cayenne.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited July 2015
    Tie 'em up. Though mine looks like a rats nest too but they are out of sight behind the stand....mostly anyway.

4 BDP's....3 amps ? Can't imagine why but I'm afraid to ask.

Dang, thought we were gonna talk food too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2015
    lol. I prefer the pasta, too!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    edited July 2015
    I use these all over the place - http://amzn.to/1DyTC4o
    since I'm still experimenting a lot, most of my cables are much longer than needed. this isn't as good as custom fit cables, but these ties help tremendously in keeping things organized/manageable.

this is a good price, too. these usually sell for $5 per pack of 50 ties in Home Depot/Lowes. I've used those ones for years and just ordered a couple packs of these from Amazon a couple of months ago. as far as I can tell, they're the same in brand, length, and quality as the ones I was buying in the store; just different packaging. I don't see them in the stores anymore, either, so I bought a bunch thinking they'd been discontinued (seemingly like everything else I like)

Pro tip - orient them so that the fuzzy size faces out, otherwise the sticky side picks up all kind of fluff/dust/sticks to other wrapped bundles, etc.

uudvohj9mh4w.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Ive got some of those they are great but they are pretty much just part of the knot now lol
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    VELCRO - ONE-WRAP Thin Self-Gripping Cable Ties

I use these as well,works great.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • afterburnt
    tonyb wrote: »
    Tie 'em up. Though mine looks like a rats nest too but they are out of sight behind the stand....mostly anyway.

Tony ok lets talk food. I tried some oven ready lasagna for the first time. I made some four cheese lasagna using said pasta and "Newman's Best" Marinara. I know I cheated the last time I made lasagna it was an all day affair. Well in a matter of minutes of prep I had killer lasagna! Anyway I highly recommend this oven ready stuff. Kind of easy to simmer the sauce of your choice but with this pasta assembly was a breeze!
  • tonyb
    afterburnt wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Tony ok lets talk food. I tried some oven ready lasagna for the first time. I made some four cheese lasagna using said pasta and "Newman's Best" Marinara. I know I cheated the last time I made lasagna it was an all day affair. Well in a matter of minutes of prep I had killer lasagna! Anyway I highly recommend this oven ready stuff. Kind of easy to simmer the sauce of your choice but with this pasta assembly was a breeze!

Oh man.....know your audience, lol. Oven ready Lasagna ? Jarred Sauce ? That's not food to a Dago. Home made is the best way to go with the freshest ingredients you can find. Don't even get me started on the jarred sauce, though some aren't too bad, but there is a lot of garbage out there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    To tell you the truth the last time that I made lasgna I literaly worked on it from sun up to sun down. Of course it is better than the short cut stuff but I don't really enjoy cooking anymore. If I cant be done in an hour or less I aint doing it. I dont think that I will ever make real lasgna again.
  • tonyb
    Sun up to sun down ? LOL Are you grinding your own grain to make the flour ? If I use store bought noodles, I can make a Lasagna in under an hour.

Sauce though, takes a good 3+ hours but that's just simmering most the time. I get the convenience of what your talking about, but the good stuff takes some time and patience.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    Well I was cooking for a holiday feast. I made 3 huge pans almost 6 inches thick. They went in the oven 1 at a time. I probably spent an hour just chopping garlic that day.
  • tonyb
    Ever hear of a food processor ? lol An hour chopping garlic, holy smokes. Want to know a little trick ?

Roast the garlic first. Take 5 heads, or how many you want to use, throw some salt and drizzle some olive oil on them and roast them for about an hour while your doing other things. When they come out, cut it in half.....and squeeze the halves. The garlic comes out like a spread and will have more flavor to boot. No chopping, no peeling, done. Or you can cheat and use the minced garlic in a jar but that's a last resort.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    I will have to try that maybe just to eat lol I love garlic. Maybe that's why I dont have any friends?
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    One of my best friends is of Italian ancestry and it takes him many hours to create a Lasagna. As Tony says above, the sauce takes forever and is a work of art! He also sometimes makes his own pasta, fresh, fresh, fresh. Probably the best I've ever had. I grew up next door so I often had the opportunity to attend those legendary Italian Sunday afternoon meals with the 20+ relatives, etc. Family, food, friends. Those WERE the days my friend!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Nothing like friends and family enjoying a good Italian meal! :o3j7xfecudd2c.jpgxjo1ynk3r1fu.jpg

• afterburnt
    Sausage. Sausage. Ditka. Da Bears...
  • tonyb
    cnh wrote: »
    One of my best friends is of Italian ancestry and it takes him many hours to create a Lasagna. As Tony says above, the sauce takes forever and is a work of art! He also sometimes makes his own pasta, fresh, fresh, fresh. Probably the best I've ever had. I grew up next door so I often had the opportunity to attend those legendary Italian Sunday afternoon meals with the 20+ relatives, etc. Family, food, friends. Those WERE the days my friend!

Ahhh, my Greek neighbor knows. Making your own pasta is the ultimate, tastes soo much better. Must admit though that today I rarely do it and just buy the lasagna noodles. Think I spend more time on the sauce and making meatballs. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    edited July 2015
    I know jarred sauce is a no-no, but the best I have had is Rao's. Check it out if you have a chance. Freshest tasting jarred "gravy" I have ever had.

8k98c6m380yq.jpg
  • tonyb
    Agreed.....Rao's is pretty darn good for Jarred. Also like Mario's or Lydia's sauces.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Only here can we take a cabling thread and turn it into pasta sauce. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756

Oh man.....know your audience, lol. Oven ready Lasagna ? Jarred Sauce ? That's not food to a Dago. Home made is the best way to go with the freshest ingredients you can find. Don't even get me started on the jarred sauce, though some aren't too bad, but there is a lot of garbage out there.
    It's summertime, the vine ripened tomatoes are from my gardens do their in the sauce.
    By birth I'm Scandavian, my uncle married a Sicilian, she took me under her arm and divulged her secrets from red sause to cannoli.. Oh the cookies from her St. Joseph Day Table were memorable.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    My Italian dinner tonight. Local small butcher shop store made hot Italian, mild Italian and a good german sausage. Peppers of course.7mq052sfmzqf.jpg
    zsktgcpwhl11.jpg
  • afterburnt
    warren wrote: »
    It's summertime, the vine ripened tomatoes are from my gardens do their in the sauce.
    By birth I'm Scandavian, my uncle married a Sicilian, she took me under her arm and divulged her secrets from red sause to cannoli.. Oh the cookies from her St. Joseph Day Table were memorable.
    Ok you suck thanks for the invite. When I cook up some gumbo I will tell you after the fact lol!
  • afterburnt
    YES SON GRAVY NOT SAUCE!!!
  • tonyb
    warren wrote: »

Good man.....most don't know Cannoli isn't an Italian thing, but Sicilian. Don't even get me started on those ST. Joseph tables. 2 blocks long filled with every goody you can imagine from every ethnic background. Those were the days huh.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's