Low cost power amp to your psw1000 or others. I need help tho

Options
Frank840
Frank840 Posts: 262
So my psw1000 died few years ago I did t know what to do with it. And i had been curious to what it sounded like so I search to see what I could do. I came across people using computer power supplies to covert ac to dc and search a little more realize that people already doing this (I'm a noob) . I push this little setup for 2 days about 20 hours total 10 hours straight time no sign of it getting hot, no hums, no eXtra noises very quiet. I think if a amplifier and power supply was fitted in a nice computer could look real clean

a video for laugher

https://youtu.be/SdFpjzRCt7A

So where I need help is my room is about 18x 12 and looking for a subwoofer that will deliver that low bass. I'm thinking sunfire signature but I don't know anyone with decent ht gear to even ask.
- This your Bush?
Pioneer Elite Sc-25
Polk Lsic,15's,9's, PSW1000

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Absolutely not what I would do but if your having fun who cares right?
    You have a nice theater setup man I don't know why your basically putting it down. LSI's are nice speakers and the SC-25 can handle them no problem.
    The PSW1000 sub from what I remember your right they break. I think it was a bad amp design as I recall all of them coming back that got installed. We stopped selling them and just used JL audio subs instead.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Frank840
    Options
    I love the speakers I don't mean to sound like I'm putting it down.
    The psw was great it was my first sub over the psw505. I can't get the lows since my receiver cuts off at 36hz to the fronts? I'm not 100 on that but I can't use the preout and have it subwoofer setting off. I'm waiting on a setup mic to calibrate too as I did the best I could do to my ear.
    - This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    Options
    Why not just get a replacement plate amp from Parts Express?

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/subwoofer-plate-amplifiers/332
  • Frank840
    Options
    I felt if I would spend 300 plus time I will just invest in a newer subwoofer. After hearing subs like the jl audio f113 and sunfire hrs just hard to go back. The power supply was 15 bucks and the amp was 30. I just bought a house and now putting the time into learning about subwoofers.

- This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25
  • Frank840
    Options
    I think I'm going to see if I can make a better setup. I have a smaller frame amplifier that produces more then enough power. I'm getting 1 of them fancy computer towers for free I'll run a 12vtrigger to receiver

Just need to figure out how to convert the lfe in analog. Or there is a possibility my preout doesn't work will know within a week.
    - This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25
  • Frank840
    Options
    So I ended up buying a tower. I'll use it later when I build a computer. So I fit the amplifier and power supply in and wired the front switch.
    my preout was set to off on the memory it was on.. lfe works fine I ended up putting the port back on the subwoofer. My receiver still needs a good tune waiting on a setup mic to get here. But I'm going to use this it works great . Waiting till a jl audio f113 pops up for cheap1vrcvopy195o.jpg
    2l73gq6gs3yq.jpg

- This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25
  • Frank840
    Options
    Well I received my set up mic mcacc doesnt like as much bass as me but its fully functional sounds very clean compared to the signal I was getting from the speaker.

Since the 24th I have left the amplifier plug in and no signs of getting hot or any issues.

If you have a passive subwoofer I truly recommend this..

Only thing I like to figure out is I don't have the trigger hook up I just have a on/off switch on the tower. I like to make it turn on from a signal like the bash amp did. Anyone think they can help?
    - This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25