Polk LSiM 705 & 707's 1/2 off

Options
HeadEast
HeadEast Posts: 20
I found this on ebay and just thought I'd point it out
I have no experience with this seller but looks to be an authorized dealer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-LSiM705-FloorStanding-Speaker-Mahogany-/221823674775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a5b8a997

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-LSiM707-Floorstanding-Speaker-Mahogany-/371379615497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5677f33709

I want to pick them up myself but - just got new amp and pre/pro - so boss lady says uhh no

ed

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I saw these too. Acoustic sound design is an authorized Polk dealer.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Debating since I already have the mythos sts and lsi9 would this be worth the jump.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    I disabled signatures.
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Something is fishy here. 10 units with damaged boxes, yet free shipping offered at prices you should move on now.

I wonder how bad those boxes are. When I received my 705,s the bottoms were wet, and looked like they tumbled down a mountain. Speakers were mint though. And work. Thank goodness.

2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have seen this seller on ebay for a long time it seems, but their prices were never special and felt I the Polk prices where just as good or better from what I remember, especially their refurbished prices. and these prices are for 1 speaker...

Friends & family prices can't be beat ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Should I trust them?
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Should I trust them?

I would say you can. I ordered new in box 2 pairs of lsifx and a center from them years ago with no problems at all. And super fast shipping.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Nice first post... :*
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikeyb128
    Options

Hmmmmmmmm.... Didn't even notice that.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• afterburnt
    Options
    Wonder if Dana bought the 707"s yet?
  • HeadEast
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Hmmmmmmmm.... Didn't even notice that.

thanks
    mostly a lurker-but thought someone might take advantage of what looks to be a good deal
    ed
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    I'll let you all know. Ordered 2 mahogany 705s from this seller through Amazon, and got another 5% credit, with return rights. Going to offer up my last 2 LSi-25s if the 705s are good as I expect. Nguyendot has first dibs. :)

Oh those are most certainly mine. Cash in hand and local..... can't really beat it!
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Well I took the hook. I couldn't wait for FF and ordered a pair of 705's. I am pretty much out of control. I guess I am trying to compensate for my components that got stolen when I was a teenager.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    The speakers were delivered. They are new, with 1-2 very small dings/tears in the boxes. Pristine - no damage at all, and sound great already. My advice would be to go for it, for anyone on the fence.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    The speakers were delivered. They are new, with 1-2 very small dings/tears in the boxes. Pristine - no damage at all, and sound great already. My advice would be to go for it, for anyone on the fence.

Congratulations.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I could not resist lol

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options

I ordered a pair of 705s from them through the company's Amazon presence and they delivered a pair of 707s instead. I thought the boxes looked bigger than usual and didn't realize until the delivery guys left. They were palletized on the CEVA truck and got here fast, like three days from shipment to delivery on the East coast. As with yours, no problems at all with the speakers. The boxes had a couple of small tears in them and scuff marks. The CEVA delivery guys brought them in the house and offered to unbox them and set them in place to make sure they worked before they left, which was a surprise. As expected, they sound great and look perfect too. Only issue is the grilles don't like to stay put, but I understand that is not unusual with the 707s.

• Kurt300
    Options
    Emlyn,

I have two 707 towers that had grill stability issues. Fixed them with a small amount of black Velcro tape from Amazon. 10 dollars and invisible. :)
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    Personally I'd run without them. I love the look of drivers.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »

I ordered a pair of 705s from them through the company's Amazon presence and they delivered a pair of 707s instead. I thought the boxes looked bigger than usual and didn't realize until the delivery guys left. They were palletized on the CEVA truck and got here fast, like three days from shipment to delivery on the East coast. As with yours, no problems at all with the speakers. The boxes had a couple of small tears in them and scuff marks. The CEVA delivery guys brought them in the house and offered to unbox them and set them in place to make sure they worked before they left, which was a surprise. As expected, they sound great and look perfect too. Only issue is the grilles don't like to stay put, but I understand that is not unusual with the 707s.

I ordered Cherry 705's and got Black 707's. I called to ask what I should do and they said Amazon screwed up. The guy asked if I could use them and I said I guess. So he told me to keep them. Well it is not what I wanted but I guess that is a good price. That was pretty weird, I wonder if they are gonna splode or something?

• mikeyb128
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not a fan of the black/ebony lsim. But if I received 707's for the price of 505's.... I would take them in a heart beat. Will say the "cherry" finish is to die for. They look like really high end speakers.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• afterburnt
    Options
    I was hoping to match some of my other cherry finished stuff. Oh well black goes with everything. Heck I would have bought another pair at this price.
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    Such a great deal. I should buy another pair just for the heck of it.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• afterburnt
    Options
    @HeadEast Thanks for the heads up I pretty much scored on this deal. Great price for 705's and a better price for 707's! No complaints because they are not cherry. I think I will paint teeth on them they remind me of the Alien.
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Such a great deal. I should buy another pair just for the heck of it.

Spare parts collection? :smiley:

Lol! With my luck yeah. A donar pair.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• HeadEast
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @HeadEast Thanks for the heads up I pretty much scored on this deal. Great price for 705's and a better price for 707's! No complaints because they are not cherry. I think I will paint teeth on them they remind me of the Alien.

No problem - I just wish I could have convinced wife that we needed them - I will get them eventually - I have LSI 25's now

- let me ask you though
    Many on here have said that most systems don't really need the 707's - what do you think now that you have them? do you wish they were 705's?

thanks
    ed
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    let me ask you though
    Many on here have said that most systems don't really need the 707's - what do you think now that you have them? do you wish they were 705's?
    good question; not having had the opportunity for side-by-side comparison I wonder the same.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kurt300
    Options
    I have 4 pairs of 707s and 2 pairs of 705s, all driven by 250 wpc Parasound power, so my perspective might be useful. The 705s create the most accurately reproduced linear sound, whereas the 707s are deeper and fuller on the bottom end. For me, this makes the 707s better in bigger rooms with a lot of air to move, and with more required drama (think HT as well as music). For smaller rooms (only), the 705s are actually more precise and pleasing. All IMHO...
  • HeadEast
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I don't know that you can really make an educated decision unless you've heard both.

I know from your posts that the 703's are your preference - but I do want towers
    I ask about 705 vs 707 because I probably be waiting until the next friends and family sale

during the last one everything was sold out by the time I saw the email - only thing I picked up were 702's -so I need to have a plan for the next one - say if 705's are gone - do I just get 707's? - I know that that's for me to decide - just looking for input

I listen 50-50 music vs HT
    Emo xpa-5 amp, sherbourn pt-7020c4 pre/pro, Oppo 103d

I wish I could hear either but no place that I know of in northern MI sells them

thanks
    ed

• Kurt300
    Options
    Also, I honestly couldn't tell you whether I think the 707s, 705s, or 703s are the best value for the money - they are all superstars in their own turf, IMO.