Jitterbug

machone
machone Posts: 1,471
I have a friend that sampled one of these. Said he tried with headphones and the difference was remarkable. I got one one order to try.

http://audioquest.com/jitterbug/jitterbug

Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I was also consideing trying one out once it became available. Lots of good reviews.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Skip, your very clued up in this hobby and Igot a feeling your gona be a great audio dealer!
  • machone
    DSkip, Interesting. Do you know what Aq changed? I have no direct experience with the Purifier or Jitterbug only reading reviews which are mostly positive for both. My friend works at a high end stereo store and was auditioning headphones (he didn't say what kind but they may have been Aq new Nighthawk). He said the phones were good but not great until the Jitterbug was used.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I've been keeping an eye on this whole fiasco, but I know AudioQuest has a very different story than the guys at iFi. I have no idea who's telling the truth but I think the fact that iFi hasn't sued AQ is an indication that things are more complicated.

The AQ is made of plastic, but it's also half the price.

All that being said, I'd still prefer the iFi or the Schiit Wyrd because they're both metal and look nicer. I'm not in the market, but my guess is that, based on the reviews I've seen, the three of these would all perform very similarly.

Honestly though, if you want a really good device just get the Uptone Regen and be done with it If I decide to add one of these into my rig that'll be the one I end up going with.
  • machone
    It looks like the Regen is getting positive reviews. Lots of info on their website.
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4