For Sale: Martin Logan Source - minty pair, black ash

I'm selling my 4 yr old pair of Martin Logan Source hybrid electrostats. I'm the 2nd owner over those 4 yrs and I've been absolutely thrilled with these, but when I got the email from Audio Advisor about the ML Electromotion refurbs on sale for $1600 I couldn't resist.
I can't find a mark on these and they sound wonderful. I've got the original boxes, power adapters, dust covers, spikes,etc. (I don't think they came with a manual but it's available online). These are one of the true audio bargains out there and hard to beat for under $3K.
Looking to get $1000 shipped, or $700 plus shipping, whichever is lower, and shipping alone is going to be close to $300 probably depending on where they go. I'll post more pictures later.qlfapckgzkma.jpg
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,589
    Location please. Thanks. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Oregon Coast
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    I have to change the price to $1050 shipped or $700 plus shipping which ever is lowest. I just did the online calculation for Fedex and it's $378 east, $355 mid-west and closer to $300 west coast.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    When Isold my source I remember entering in the box dimentions and as soon as I added the width Isaw these special handling charges putting on an extra. $100 in the ebay fedex calc. I played around with it and it turns out that if the boxes were 13 wide the charge would not apply so that 2 inches on the width costs all the cash.
  • dragon1952
    Yeah...that's outrageous. You can ship a freaking car 1500 miles for $650 :^ /
    I'm trying to sell locally but it's a very small market area. I'll likely just have to eat some money on these.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have to say that sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Do you have a fedex account? I just purchased a custom made media console, 60x20x28, and it was $130 to ship from Colorado to central TX, which is a pretty good trek. It might be cheaper if you put it in one custom box with solid foam sheets in between...a little more work for you, but you will also be able to sell them for more.

In either case, GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • polkfarmboy
    Have you ever thought about bulding a killer HT system ? I did it with the Source for surround, it takes up space but there is nothing quite like a full electrostat setup for movies and all ya need is aStage center..
  • dragon1952
    Bump....

$1000 shipped, add 3% for Paypal
  • polkfarmboy
    Thats a great deal! I shipped out a pair of the Theos today and paid the shipping that came to $290. The bass and soundstage is excellent on these and with shipping thrown in it makes it a no brainer. Guys if you never heard martin logan then nows the time to start a lifelong addiction.