Are Rti 12 and Rti a9 crossovers the same?

Options
Kind of a fly by night question, but can they be interchanged for one another?

Answers

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    They are completely different
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The specs reveal they are exactly the same
    Rti a9
    ifm8dr7hb6vd.png
    7spwz1maos35.png
    RTi12
    hjyd8zcvhu2p.png
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Specs may be the same but that does not mean they are the same boards or the same parts content.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Really? :) I would be surprised if they are not the same physically. Electronically they are performing the exact same function at the exact same points of reference, according to the spec sheet anyways. I think it would be safe to assume one could be interchanged with the other without any audible differences. I purchased the RTi12's thinking the a9's was only a cosmetic upgrade with perhaps a slight benefit from not having standing waves due to the curved cabinet. I researched these two models extensively and do not recall a crossover upgrade being mentioned. Have you compared the two, or read this somewhere? I am not disagreeing with you at all, just curious about the origin of the information, as it is new to me. Enjoy!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant