look at my new toy.....

Options
Guys and gals,

Got lucky this weekend. I have needed a new player that will play SACD's after I done nothing but chase problems with my Sony 9000's and now my 3910 is getting a weak laser.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-PD-D9-J-ELITE-SACD-CD-AUDIOPHILE-PLAYER-AIR-STUDIOS-WOW-/321772018285?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=RbPBGb1H%2FgRqkCU1b8G4i%2B%2FPjd4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I've heard these are good players just hope the "upgrades" did mess it up.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nice bro...I think John has one and loves it. Congrats....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Good luck with the piece and keep us posted on how you like...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    I just hope it shows up in one piece and not in a ROUND box.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Congrats on a solid pick up.
    Grab some coat hanger, bend it to fit and get that bad boy wired into your system ASAP! Remember...cables don't matter! ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks Ryan I'll shall also sand down those Coat hangers to a perfect surface to help

by the way there may be a funeral soon the wife will be very unhappy when this box shows up.....I'll give you first dib's :p
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Nice score! I've been watching for one of those myself! Will be interested to hear your thoughts on it - esp since I run the Sony 9000s as well.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• pitdogg2
    Options
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Nice score! I've been watching for one of those myself! Will be interested to hear your thoughts on it - esp since I run the Sony 9000s as well.

need any Sony parts? I have two machines and some extra(used) lasers for them. That machine's weakest link is the laser for sure. You cannot get a new one anymore we are regulated to used Sony330/530 machines, which by the way were low end machines:(

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Player came box was in great shape it took it 24hrs to get to me from Wisconsin to my house ground in central Illinois. All the new caps and other stuff looked good except for the new RCA jacks. They are loose and do not fit the factory holes well at all. I emailed the seller told him my concerns and for once instead of an argument he said I understand completely will 30.00 get you what you need?" I said yep and in 20min he had 30.00 in my PP account. All I have to say is this player just may be my last player for some time unless some smoking deal comes along. I really liked all my Sony ES CD or DVD/SACD players. In fact I will keep my Sony X33 es CD player just because to me it is sweet and I spent 3 weeks recapping the whole unit (56 Caps), not too mention it really was my first solid player I bought new with my own money.

loving the details of this player

nooshinjohn dude hit me up please I'd like to chat with you on this player
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Congrats!!! I had one for a bit. It is a good solid player.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Ivan..... what happens in your bedroom with you and your toys..... should stay there :smile:

Just keeding.... congrats on the player!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)