The 2.3tl quest begins!!!

Options
Well full tank of gas new tires on the truck, ice cold mountain dews, selection of tunes.Were on a quest and I'm pretty f-ing excited, the wife and grandson are tagging along. Ryan if your reading this see you this afternoon. AMBIOPHONICS we will be meeting up in a few hours so you will be getting your mini SDAS soon. Updates to follow yee haw :)
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    SDA road trip! How far will this be?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    350 miles round trip, according to the weather channel might be going through some thunderstorms, good thing I got a camper shell on the truck.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    That's almost exactly the distance I had to go to get mine. Have a safe trip.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    bfusn0b00zeo.jpg

Already hooked up with Gavin and he got his speakers, now on the second destination, then on to Ryans.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 719
    Options
    Got the new mini SDAs hooked up. Sound pretty good other than a bum SL2000, trying to snag one from a friend to get em singing again. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Options
    Nice, already have the WAF too
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Hey Gavin I will get you one.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Have a great trip Steve, though I see you couldn't drive by the sporting goods store without stopping again :p (or was that for some rope to tie things down?)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Steve is one his way back east with his shiny new(ly refurbished) SDA 2.3TLs.
    I hope he enjoys them as much as I enjoyed refurbing them.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    2g8hle829jlr.jpg

Stopped at the Newton exitt to get gas took a pic of the load heading westbound. Thanks Ryan you can come and visit it them any time.5b5zg51c0nud.jpg
    A shot of the Race track.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    p14mhcs4deil.jpg

9ir660kl31h0.jpg

xwmtpnf0b4m3.jpg

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    Congratulations! There really is nothing else IMHO. See if you can keep them 24+ years as I have :-).
    I have the same Sanus stand with my 1C in the bedroom.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    4vehcmpplxoh.jpg

2q5c1nxhrq4a.jpg

First off I know they are only in a temporary spot they are 4 feet apart and not quite 3 feet from each wall to me they sound good at 12 inches away from the back wall. I have a wall in the pub room that will put them about 6 feet apart and 4 feet away from each wall so that's where they will end up.

Ok the 198s are not as in your face as the SL2000s so on tracks like Walking On The Moon, by the Police already an improvement on older stuff like the James Gang the treble is not as open as the SL2000s, Black Cow of AJa perfect I think the rest of my afternoon will be enjoying these Beauts and probably into this evening however I will be attending a BBQ over at the kids house for an hour or so then tonight I will be checking out some Floyd on a Japanese Import before I retire.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    That DSOTM is a Vinyl Import I bought over in Germany cant wait for that one. Well Ryan did a bang up job on these that's for sure these will be babied I did crank them a little all I can say is holy Cow.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    The loudest I had them was when you were here so I was curious to see how well they would open up.

Spent last evening getting the new speakers setup and realized that they are a much better fit for the space both acoustically and WAF-ly.
    They definitely don't have the bottom end or the overall presence of the 2.3s but they will hold me over for the next few years.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Very, VERY nice! Do you have enough space between them?
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Yeah Your replacements were very nice looking glad they are filling the void sure you are enjoying them. Well I hope cranking these won't hurt them during burn in, I have them about as loud as I use to crank the 2B's playing some Sublime simply Fantastic, sounding these are not Bass shy the song What I Got sounds most excellent if only I could skip the BBQ tonight only a half hour left before I got to go but these will be playing when I'm gone. The GFA 555II is doing just fine. :)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Very, VERY nice! Do you have enough space between them?

I don't think so in my 2 channel room, but have a wall in other room that will give these more breathing room.

But the distance I have them at right now still sounds pretty good 4 feet apart and not quite 3 feet from each wall they still sound great but I will be moving them to a bigger wall soon .
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Congrads. Those are beautiful
    Randy/Maine
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Glad you have another space for em. I had to do some rearranging to make the 2B.s. work in my room
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Your new 2.3's look right at home! Happy Listening!
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Seller's remorse...I haz it. ;)

I am glad we were able to keep them in the family...so I can come begging and crying for them back in a few years. :blush:

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    ..so I can come begging and crying for them back in a few days. :blush:

Fixed it for you!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    No...you didn't. Unless I win the lottery, we are looking at 10+ months just to BUILD the house. I blame the fact that the wife wants radiant heating in the garage floors and the driveway immediately adjacent to the house, a full professional kitchen of Viking and Sub-zero appliances and a wood fire stone oven along with this whole full on theater she wants in the basement...with accompanying bar...and a tower with her office in it...

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    Sure it's all HER fault... I'd hate to see your must have list
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sure it's all HER fault... I'd hate to see your must have list

I think I'd put it a little differently: What did you get for giving her those those very nice accoutrements?

Sounds like a very nice house you are building, ZLTFUL! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gudnoyez
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Seller's remorse...I haz it. ;)

I am glad we were able to keep them in the family...so I can come begging and crying for them back in a few years. :blush:

Ryan if it wasn't for Dskip calling my other SDA'S tiny like he did in your for sale thread well they might still be yours. I just couldn't let him get away with that so he somewhat convinced me to get them.

Oh yeah that's all I thought about today at work was coming home and listening to them, but as I walked by them this morning and seen those massive specimens of audio goodness I thought to myself good lord what have I done. Well one thing for sure when you get the new place done and you host a Polk Fest, myself Hannelore and Skyler will show up and oh yeah I will bring the speakers with, that is if you invite us!!! Hopefully something cooked in that wood fire oven will be on the menu :D
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited May 2015
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    LOL? I don't remember saying that?
    DSkip wrote: »
    Of course! Do it. These are much better than the ones you have, no offense intended to the little SDA's. o:)

:D In your defense you said "the little" and not "your little".
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Thanks NIghtfall, little you called them little, thanks Skip for motivating me, if not for you I wouldn't of got em (lol)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Those speakers will just keep getting better and when you walk by them you will smile and think them bad boys are mine. Congrats!
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre