2 channel rig finally set up again!

FINALLY! Project complete!

We essentially rearranged the living room 180*, had a dedicated 20a circuit put in, ran cable and data lines and fished the tv wires though the wall. I taped the speaker cables down so there are now no wires for the little kiddo's to mess with.

As far as the TT is concerned...I was planning to wall mount, but as I looked at the project more closely...it just wasn't going to be feasible.

So I came up with an idea and it worked. #5 vibrapods on the feet of the audio rack, large sorbothane balls on top of the rack for the first shelf to sit on, mini sorbothane balls between the two shelves and #2 vibrapods under the TT feet. I know that's a lot of messing around, but I am able to jump and stomp with NO skips. I was stomping so hard I thought pictures were going to start falling off the walls :)

Also moved an Ikea shelf back into the living room for my albums. Not the sweet 'record store' setup I had for awhile, but it'll do.

I feel so relieved. This project took way longer than I thought it would, but I wanted it done right. It just feels good that its finally done and I can sit back and not stress.

FB16C39B-6BC7-43FB-8F6F-944D0B1F7998_zpsekqefhoq.jpg

749A621B-FB52-401C-82B4-82E4D139CD94_zpsivzxhogf.jpg

6359AD56-15F2-472E-BBF1-7FA3E2FA9035_zpsjrb74mjk.jpg
2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Looking good Paul :) Enjoy it!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2015
    Nice work! Bet it sounds GREAT! Very clean! Could you do my house?

Neat is not something we have around here!

Enjoy!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Very nice work. Looks great. You always end up spending more time on a project than expected but it the end you usually end up with a smile on your face.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • btown1985
    btown1985 Posts: 113
    Nice and clean! The more I see vinyl and these nice players, the more I am intrigued...
    LSiM 705 and 706c, Def Tech Supercube I, Anthem AVM20 Processor, Oppo BDP-105D, Adcom GFA-5503, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M, Panamax Elite 15PFi
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    Kudos to you for all the hard work, but it was worth it. Now forget work, sit back, relax and spin some vinyl. Listening is what it's all about.
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Nicely done.

Good feeling to have the rig back up after being off-line, eh?

Love that MF int amp! :)

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Nicely done.

Good feeling to have the rig back up after being off-line, eh?

Love that MF int amp! :)

Yea, me too :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Looks horrible. I think the MF integrated just doesn't go with your gear. You should send it to me instead :wink:.

Looks great.

I'd look into speaker wire conduit as another option to hide the wire if the tape doesn't work out.

I use some of the larger square white conduit for my 2 channel to hide some power and HDMI cables.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    Looks horrible. I think the MF integrated just doesn't go with your gear. You should send it to me instead :wink:.

Looks great.

I'd look into speaker wire conduit as another option to hide the wire if the tape doesn't work out.

I use some of the larger square white conduit for my 2 channel to hide some power and HDMI cables.

I have a layer of blue painters tape as the first layer of tape so as to not damage the cables. Then the darker tan duct tape over that. For the left channel I currently have masking tape instead of the brown duct tape (hence the different colors), but when I pick up another roll of the light brown duct tape they will both look the same and it blends fairly well with the carpet.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    ...it blends fairly well with the carpet.

I didn't even notice the tape. Setup looks great!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Looks great Paul! Nice job on the TT isolation.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Looking good Paul!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Very nice. I sometimes am envious of those with nice homes. I like the smoke detector over the setup. Good thing audio level can't set it off. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • hochpt21
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Looks great Paul! Nice job on the TT isolation.

Thanks Rich. I really struggled with this. Even when I had it mounted in the built in on the other side of the room, I would get skips sometimes when the kids would bounce around.

I had planned to wall mount it with this new setup, but wasn't going to feasible. I thought I'd throw all my pods and balls at it ;) and see what happened. The result is not one skip yet even with me and the kids jumping all around. I'm really happy with the results.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Atta boy baller. Enjoy !!! Looks great.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Looks awesome.....motivation for me to finish drywalling my room.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Excellent. Thats it! I'm cleaning the mancave!!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited May 2015

Thanks Rich. I really struggled with this. Even when I had it mounted in the built in on the other side of the room, I would get skips sometimes when the kids would bounce around.

Wall mounting a TT can help in some instances, but it won't do anything about ground borne vibrations entering the turntable on a wall mount from the building structure. Could be it depends on where the wall is built. That is a room divider wall sitting on a suspended floor would transmit floor vibes better than a wall built on a foundation. For that reason, I prefer the isolation method like you did. The plus is change the room around, the table on isolation can follow the rack versus moving a wall mount.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158

Good job on the isolation for your TT. I have mine wall mounted now and you can bang on the floor in front of it and you hear nothing from the TT. I did have it sitting on a stand sitting on the floor but not isolated like yours is and it was horribly noisy.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Looks great! I also use vibrapod/sorbothane isolation under my TT and it works very well. BTW, I didn't notice the tape in the photos initially either. Pretty nice vinyl collection going there ...
  • hochpt21
    2 channel system #2 is also finally set up again :)

My "man-room" had turned into a storage room and I cleaned and organized today.

I also had a dedicated 20a circuit run here as well. I was getting horrible interfere from the light when it was on causing a buzz throughout the system.

Now silent black background.

jk8ef0dfvdtn.jpg
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    That needs a MF, too. :)

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited May 2015

Agreed. That poor Dared looks like a mouse compared to the other gear.

Anyhoo...glad your 2 channel is back and making you play with yourself...again.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hochpt21
    Currently the Dared pre and HK 3490 (just the power amp section obviously) sound pretty damn good.

Eventually, I'm planning on a different power amp and upgrading x-overs, but right now it's just fine.

I now have a dedicated 20a circuit for the main system, the man room and the HT. It has made the most difference by far in this room for whatever reason. It was a delight to 'hear' the silence in the background :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    I admire your sense of grandeur. Well done. Use guys keep me on my toes. :p
  • EndersShadow
    tonyb wrote: »

I admire your simplicity...... I'd just replace that CD player with a Squeezebox w DAC myself hehehe.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21

I admire your simplicity...... I'd just replace that CD player with a Squeezebox w DAC myself hehehe.....

But then what would I play all my super duper audio disks on ;)
  • EndersShadow

But then what would I play all my super duper audio disks on ;)

Audio discs? You mean those shiny things you put under your drink so it doesnt sit on the wood endtable?
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    So what's in the fireplace now ?
  • hochpt21
    chumlie wrote: »
    So what's in the fireplace now ?

Wood :D

Jk....actually we may get a new insert for the fireplace but I think we're going to use the built in where the audio gear was for kids books