JL Audio Cleansweep. Any opinions?

Options
I've come to realize that a big reason my new car speakers and sub sound like crap is because there's a factory EQ curve imbedded in the head unit that compensates for the stock speakers. So I am about to order the CleanSweep unit. Basically, you put in a calibration CD and the unit adjusts the EQ curve back to a flat response. Does anyone have any experience with this equipment?
TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had a feeling you would say this....hence my early reccomendation in your first post to take it further with some type of DSP unit. IMO, you ALWAYS need some DSP control in the car. The Cleansweep is a pretty straight forward unit. I've only heard one car using one and it sounded nice. Be sure to consult with JL Audio's tech support about your vehicle.

The more advanced JBL MS-8 is the one I always wanted to try. Who knows, maybe with the next car. It's about time....mine is giving me fits. Thinking about the Impala.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-MS-8-Series-Digital-Processor/dp/B003KN2TQ2

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Options
    WLDock, you're correct. This is the direction I have to go. I'm unsure how to integrate my powered sub with the Cleansweep. Any ideas?
  • ROHfan
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    If it was me and I kinda know what stock head unit that Journey has in it...replace that thing...lol Chrysler still makes that relatively easy.

It's a Uconnect system with everything tied into it, so not really.
  • WLDock
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ROHfan
    Options
    Thanks, Dock.

nbrowser, I wasn't sure if you could maintain system controls over a new head unit/touch screen. I will get my research on.
  • ROHfan
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    ROHfan wrote: »
    Thanks, Dock.

nbrowser, I wasn't sure if you could maintain system controls over a new head unit/touch screen. I will get my research on.

A nice Bluetooth aftermarket deck, an interface to retain steering wheel controls and it'd work nicely. There's only a certain amount of band-aids one can apply to a factory system before it becomes rather complicated and the sound will actually suffer.

Dude, all the the climate controls/audio options/bluetooth/system controls run through the current touch screen. Either you don't understand what I'm saying or I don't understand what you're saying.
  • WLDock
    edited May 2015
    Options
    As nbrowser states, the "hidden deck" option handling the audio w/ a stering wheel control interface while leaving the factory deck active to control the climate , and system controls is the SQ way to go. You just have to be OK with using a storage compartment or glove box, etc. Given the costs of the OEM interfaces....one can get a deck like the $350 retail price Pioneer DEH-80PRS http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS
    and it will out of the box with an auto EQ run or two, beat the OEM solution in terms of sound quality.

Just something different to consider if the best SQ for the money is what you are after.