Vincent SA-31 Preamp

Options
voltz
voltz Posts: 5,384
edited May 2015 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is my older Vincent Sa-31 preamp which is with muncybob right now as he was trying it out for awhile but decide to go with the Dynaco.

I am only selling it after upgrading my preamp to the Vincent MK version, this preamp has no remote - no Headphone amp - no DAC- and the volume control makes a little squeak mechanical sound, which doesn't effect the sound. I think it needs the pot cleaned and I forgot about this when I shipped it to Bob. he said he can open it up and see if he can clean if you like.

Bob would ship this to the buyer if someone is interested in buying it.

Asking $350 + shipping.

I have a picture from AA and the only difference is mine has a round on/off switch not the rectangle one in this pic, also Bob said he could take a picture of the unit and post it for anyone interested I think it in excellent shape except for the volume control noise. I say 7/10 but its probably better and Bob can tell you how it looks too.

And buyer needs 100+ post to buy
Darryl

pgekzpp1nsrj.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Nice pre GLWTS!
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    Common you guys that are thinking about trying a tubed pre.
    At the low price of $350 you could be enjoying sound of tubes.
    The hybrid vacuum tube and solid state design of the beautiful Vincent SA-31 line stage preamplifier lets you have it all. It delivers the luxurious sound that can only be obtained with finely-made vacuum tube equipment as well as the power associated with solid state designs, including speed, reliability, and control. That's a difficult combination to beat, especially once you factor in the affordable price.

P-man
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    Just to clarify no remote for this correct?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    no remote dan.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This pre sounds great and I would say condition is indeed better than a 7/10. If it had a phono stage it would be staying with me. I thought a remote would have been a deal breaker for me but I find that once I'm settled into my chair listening to tunes that I rarely found myself wanting a remote. I hope to pop the lid on this tonight and take care of the volume control noise although it is very minor as is. Darryl has been great while I decided on what pre to settle with and it is evident that he takes care of his gear.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • voltz
    Options
    No Remote * No Headphone amp * Tone controls can be turned off

The Tubes are in the output stage and not interchangeable as I believe they are soldiered in. 4 inputs and 2 outputs.
    2v33jx86x7p7.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Hmm, can the 2nd output run a powered sub??
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • voltz
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes, it sure can. send 1 output to your amp & the other to your sub! the volume control will control the volume for both.

lluczw84xsta.jpg

• starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Hmm, shipping cost to 98327?
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • muncybob
    Options
    From me to 98327 it will be apprx $26
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    so if they are not grab and pull tubes just what is the lifespan of them? I know carver used 6dj8's I believe and it was stated by him that because the way they were in the circuit they would last forever or close to it. Would these be the same? bummer no tube rolling, well at least not unplug and go rolling.
  • muncybob
    Options
    According to the owner manual, they are 6N16B tubes.
  • muncybob
    Options
    I've been using the Vincent in my 2 channel rig while I have been doing some cosmetic work to the old Dynaco. The PAS4 is ready to go back into the rack so the Vincent will be boxed up tonight and ready for a new home although I'm gonna miss it.
  • voltz
    Options
    The only reason I'm not going to miss it is cause I upgraded to the MK version but I'm not sure the extra $$$ was worth the upgrade as they sound a lot alike and I feel like I got a remote for the upgrade price :'(
    Still the MK was a nice upgrade and a lot bigger and heavier but I feel this is still a wonderful Preamp.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is this still available?
  • voltz
    Options
    Yes it is Still available for $350 + shipping.

• voltz
    Options
    This Preamp is Sold for now!

It is going out to Red for him to decide if he wants.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes I do. Thank you Mr. Voltz. :)
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    You da man Red

This entitles to a whiskey. whisky.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I accidently clicked on 'my discussions' when I meant 'recent discussions'
    and thought people responded to everything I've ever posted!
    Better put down the Makers Mark. :p