Def Tech promonitor series

Options
felipe
felipe Posts: 423
Anyone here have experience with these series of def tech?? Especially the PM1000 and the PC2000?? How do these compare to others in their price range??
My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I do , they are fantastic little speakers. Very full and room filling at a shockingly small footprint.
    They are dynamic and clear and I feel they could be called leaders in the price class but I probably haven't heard everything in this class.
    I've done tons of small theaters and even some multiform audio stuff with this speakers and I always walked away with a smile on my face.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • felipe
    Options
    Would you recommend them over the AJ Pio bookies??
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    If you can get them for less the the AJ Pioneers, yes. Otherwise, the AJs are hard to beat at the price point.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • felipe
    Options
    I wish I can get them for less lol. Im trying to find speaks that are easy to drive for my Sony AVR but are equal SQ wise to the Pios. I can finally have a full 5.1 (7.1 if I choose) now. Still wanna stick to bookies tho as Im running dual SVS's..:) I auditioned klipschs, but the center channel sounded too "boxed in". I've been eyeing the RTi4s and CSi3 on the polk direct ebay sight. Also, I really liked how my previous TSI 100/CS 10 setup sounded...amazon has both. Suggestions??

• felipe
    Options
    TSX 110b's with matching center?? Not worried about the low end...

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Personally, the AJ Pioneers blow the TSXs out of the water when it comes to SQ.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • felipe
    Options
    I take it you have heard the TSXs? Damn I wish these AJ Pios were more efficient...