DSW pro 660wi + Yamaha Rx A3030

Options
Hi All

I have a yamaha rx a3030 and with polk audio RTi A9's. All my speakers have sound but my subwoofer does not have any sounds. I have tried to set my configuration on the Yamaha control panel but still have the same problem.

I am very new in this, so your kind assistance would great be appreciated.

Regards
Levi (South Africa)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello Levi,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Are you using a subwoofer connecting cable or the wireless method of connecting the subwoofer?
    Regards, Ken
  • PhenyoT
    PhenyoT Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Ken, Thanks for the prompt response. I am using a cable.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    The first step is to determine if the subwoofer is working correctly or not. To do this you would turn the volume of the sub all the way off. Then remove the sub-cable from the rear of your receiver and connect it to either the right or left output of a DVD player or CD player and begin playing a CD. Then slowly turn the volume up on the sub. There should be plenty of bass at a low setting on the sub.
  • JeremyJ
    JeremyJ Posts: 17
    Options
    change your front speaker configuration from large to small / set crossover to front mains to 40hz or above.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JeremyJ wrote: »
    change your front speaker configuration from large to small / set crossover to front mains to 40hz or above.
    Seconded. Set all your speakers to small.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    If you used the YPAO (I am assuming you did) with those speakers it will set it to large. It did that with my set up. Tonight I'll change it to small as well. It plays sub when Dolby Digital is up, but change to stereo output sub is gone. I think this is what happened to you.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Me thinks the OP is long gone...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Me thinks the OP is long gone...

D'OH :|