new copper for Pangea cables

Options
pitdogg2
pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
Hey has anybody seen that Pangea had lost there copper supplier? It seems that they have made a deal with Cardas to now buy his copper. There was a short story in one of the trade rags I was reading. According to my memory George Cardas and Pangea stated that the cables will now cost a bit more BUT will have made in USA copper.

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Noticed the new cables last week in this month's issue on AA. I wanted to hold off getting one since I already have a bunch of the original Pangeas.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Give me a bit but I got info on that a couple months back when I contacted their U.S. distributor anot the lack of cables for sale that were new.

Let me see what they told me....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    They still aren't shipping though is the problem.

The AC-9 MKIIs I ordered a month and a half ago are still on back-order with an expected delivery of 3-5 business days. Of course, it has said that for nearly 6 weeks...hehe.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    I'm not sweating it. Just want to replace the stock cable on the power conditioner/UPS.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    This is all I got from the main distribution company for them...

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015
    Hello,

We have a new MKII version coming out on the AC-9, AC-9SE and AC-14SE. The AC-9 and 9SE are suppose to ship either this week or next and the AC-14SE is suppose to ship by the end of the month. AC-14 stock should be OK, the only length we are out of is the 2M length. Hopefully we will see all of these before the end of next month.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Obviously since Ryans AC-9's still haven't made it they decided to send the cables on a sailboat instead of a turbine powered boat. Likely to save some energy and boost their profit margin even more :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    I just picked up a pair of AC-14XL and they shipped right away.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    AC-14XL is still left over stock of the "old" copper. I have an AC-14XL on the way for my Sonos.

• EndersShadow
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    AC-14XL is still left over stock of the "old" copper. I have an AC-14XL on the way for my Sonos.

Bit Overkill... but I approve lol....

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    I know but it will match all the AC-9s running around the 2 channel system already.

Now I just have a single AC-14 1.5m I need to figure out what to do with. Was originally going to use it on the DSW MP2k...

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I know but it will match all the AC-9s running around the 2 channel system already.

Now I just have a single AC-14 1.5m I need to figure out what to do with. Was originally going to use it on the DSW MP2k...

Put it up for Karma for a cable newbie.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    I'm in Ryan thanks for the karma :D
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    It may come to that but first I have to finish the upgrades on the 2.3TLs and decide if they are staying or not.

Plus I still have that DSW MP2K so I may still use it for that...maybe as a MBM in the HT... >:)