WTB: Keces DA-131

Still trying to find one of these as I love the one I already have :)
Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    So the Coaxial to RCA one correct? Or do you want the USB to RCA one which is the 151?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Nope, no interest in the USB 151..just the 131 :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • starkiller
    Still looking!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    I really haven't had a good chance to audition the one I just bought. If I decide to move it along I'll let you know first, if you're still looking. I am deciding if I am adding a third rig to the mix at this point. But I am revamping my computer, storage and streaming set-up at the moment, so there are still some unknowns.

I have both the 131 and 151 and I'm not sure if I'm utilizing one, or the other, or both at this time.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    heiney9 wrote: »
    But I am revamping my computer, storage and streaming set-up at the moment

H9

Anything special Brock, that inquiring minds might want to know?

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »
    But I am revamping my computer, storage and streaming set-up at the moment

H9

Anything special Brock, that inquiring minds might want to know?

Not really sure to be honest. Main computer HD took a crap awhile ago and I've been using a laptop for everyday access, but I haven't had the office rig or the music server since the crash. The music server computer is networked to the main computer.

So I am replacing the main computer and then...............maybe a smaller computer to run a home theater PC out in the main room, or continue to stick with the Squeezebox, or move to something else that has support. I need to upgrade my wireless network as well, etc.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • starkiller
    Brock.....thanks for putting me first in line :)
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    I likes my 131 a lot, too. Had the good fortune of having one pop up on CL in the next town over for a very reasonable amount.

Brock & I both claim ownership to the same pair of DACs: The Keces DA-131 and the modded Adcom GDA-600. Still looking for your thoughts comparing the two, Brock!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • heiney9
    The Keces is modded too. Summer is the worst time for me to sit and critically listen, just too much going on. Plus, I've been working a lot of long hours and weekends on a special project. But that's ending soon. I still have tubes I need to audition before I can leave feedback on Ebay..........
  • starkiller
    C'mon..
    ya know you want to sell it to me :)
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited August 2015
    I have a DA-151 MKII if you're interested. Got the Chord Hugo now so it's collecting dust.
  • starkiller
    Thanks for the offer but need this as a dac for a cd player, no usb needed....
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    I could buy the 151 and sell you my 131. All I have read was the 131 was slightly better sonically. Anyone actually have experience or opinions?
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Brock will, eventually, when he gets around to listening to his 131.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    I had a 131 and I just couldn't find the right fit I guess. I thought it just wasn't as organic as one or two others at the time. IIRC this was for the office rig with CRS+ before they were TL'd and possibly Dared 2000 and Aleph 30. It just seemed a fraction flatter, especially on piano, and not quite as wide.

After trying in the den for a while, i sold the Keces and kept W4S and rDac. On that rig, it seemed a fraction less dynamic esp on bottom end. Good clarity on black background, but since this is my musicality-fun-rig, the dynamics won out.

I have kept my eye out for the usb version since I'd like to give it a try but haven't run across an inexpensive one.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    I should add that I'm definitely in the minority in my opinion of the 131. Most who have heard it are impressed with the dynamics and rich purity of tone. Especially in its price range. Just didn't work for me, so I chalked up to synergy.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • starkiller
    Still hoping :)
  • heiney9
    I don't mean to string you along, but I will be making a decision very soon. I am leaning towards selling, but still trying to give it a fair audition.

Hang in there

H9
  • starkiller
    Okie doke....being the incredibly patient person i am i will continue to wait and watch and hope :)
  • starkiller
    Yay! Brock relented :)