Pioneer Elite SC-05 parts

Options
I am sure this is a long shot, but does anyone have either the HDMI Network or d-mother board for sale? My receiver only works on pure direct mode and the replacement parts from Pioneer are too steep too justify the repair.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I'm thinking it would be wise to find another SC-05 used and keep yours around for spare parts that work.
    I also think it would be wise to take this time to get a brand new one or at least a much newer used model. There have been many improvements over the years in the SC line you might find beneficial.

Just on a side note incorrect voltage is what usually kills the HDMI boards. I have seen it time and time again.
    Do yourself a huge favor and get a good quality Voltage regulator on your system.
    APC, Panamax , Furman all make good quality models. Also protect your system from Services. Cable is the worse as most of these guys don't properly ground the service.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • teamjhertz
    teamjhertz Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. This is the second piece of elite gear to fail in the last two years. The first was the blu ray laser on my bdp-23fd. Have you seen the failure rate decline with the newer models? I now have a bdp-62fd that I hope will last longer. I love the sound but I am a little worried about investing more $$ in the line.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    It's not always the gears fault my friend. Power is the biggest issues these days as the gear is more sensitive to voltage fluctuations.
    But yeah I have seen newer gear fail way more then older stuff , not just Pioneer but all brands. This might sound like a cliche but things today are just not built as good as they use to. Honestly that doesn't hold true for everything but many things. Pioneer doesn't have a deep history in the failure department.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is a member on this forum with a SC-05 that got damaged due to a lightning strike and he replaced it with a different AVR. If he still has it, perhaps the parts you need may still be good on his unit and a deal can be struck. I think it belonged to kevhed72, if my memory is correct. I remember because I own the same unit.
  • teamjhertz
    teamjhertz Posts: 361
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    Willing to sell is correct. I don't really want to, but I need to.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden