Please Help With F&F Purchase

Hi, I tried to purchase two RTI A7 tower speakers and a CSiA6 center speaker using the Friends and Family discount code emailed to me. First, the website would not let me purchase through paypal Not sure why. I tried everything. Then, after I tried buying direct using a credit card, the checkout wanted to charge me $117 in overweight shipping (anything greater than 150 lbs.). Well according to Polk, the combined shipping weight is 150 lbs., not greater than. Thus, I should not have been hot with an excess weight charge. If I bought them separately, there is not surcharge, so I went to buy separately and now realize, it was a one time purchase. All I want is to purchase what was offered to me (in writing)?. Can anyone help. Thank you. Bob.

Answers

• Call customer service
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    You're getting 50% off and you're complaining about shipping charges......wow!
    First, the website would not let me purchase through paypal Not sure why. I tried everything. Then, after I tried buying direct using a credit card, the checkout wanted to charge me $117 in overweight shipping (anything greater than 150 lbs.). Well according to Polk, the combined shipping weight is 150 lbs., not greater than.

Polk does not accept PayPal, credit card only.

Anything greater than 150lbs. means that surcharge starts at 150lbs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    F1nut wrote: »
    You're getting 50% off and you're complaining about shipping charges......wow!
    First, the website would not let me purchase through paypal Not sure why. I tried everything. Then, after I tried buying direct using a credit card, the checkout wanted to charge me $117 in overweight shipping (anything greater than 150 lbs.). Well according to Polk, the combined shipping weight is 150 lbs., not greater than.

Polk does not accept PayPal, credit card only.

Anything greater than 150lbs. means that surcharge starts at 150lbs.

In his defense the offer does state "Free shipping on all U.S. orders over $250"

• Yes. I am complaining. It's says Free Shipping. And they want $120. I live 5 miles from Polk. I know Iam only asking for what is being offered.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited March 2015
    If your order is 150.00000000000000001 pounds, it's over 150 pounds.

In his defense the offer does state "Free shipping on all U.S. orders over $250"

What types of orders may be excluded from Free Shipping?

Single items greater than 75 lbs or combined items greater than 150 lbs. may be subject to freight shipping, and excluded from free shipping.

How are the Freight Shipping charges calculated?

These rates are calculated based on the weight of the order and shipping address location.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Have you purchased from Polk before?
  • Yes. I've purchased before. And the shipping weight is 150.000000. Not greater than 150. I hope I am not offending anyone by requesting Polk honor its offer ?
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Doesn't sound offensive as that is a good bit of change. Like ambi said, call customer service
  • F1nut
    Is that valid for the F&F sale? My understanding from the last one was CC only.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    F1nut wrote: »
    Is that valid for the F&F sale? My understanding from the last one was CC only.

Good question, I like to use PayPal so it comes from my checking account.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2015
    Sorry wrong thread :(
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    I used PP on my last FF purchase.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • F1nut
    Very good. Perhaps there is a glitch in the system as I do recall folks saying they couldn't use PP the last time and now the OP.

President of Club Polk

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    ... as some had said call customer service! They will help you if they can!