Comic book readers?

Options
How many comic book readers do we have? Any current favorites?

After a long long long long time of not reading, I decided late last year to pick it back up. I started off with Superman: Earth One vol1 and really liked it. Quite enjoyed that and recently bought Vols 2 & 3. I read up on the DC Comics "New 52" series and decided to give that a whirl. Had a recommendation to try out the Supergirl New 52 series and have really enjoyed it thus far. I'm finishing up Vol 2 of that and have vols 3-5 waiting in the wings.

I think after I finish the Supergirl and Superman Earth One series, I've been reading that the Batman New 52 series is hands down the best of the New 52 series. Have that in my queue.

So, any recommendations beyond what i've listed? Come on, I know there are comic book nerds in here!
No excuses!

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Strong Bad, I gave up comics about 15 years ago, but still read up on what's going on every now and then, just because of the SH movies and all the press that accompanies them.

You don't mention any Marvel comics so maybe this won't interest you, but Marvel has just started a storyline that will end the MC universe and after a big Secret Wars crossover, will reinvent Marvel much like the New 52 did for DC. Seems like a good time to get back into it if you like Marvel at all.

http://marvel.com/comics/events/323/secret_wars_2015
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Jimbo, I do enjoy Marvel quite a bit, but really haven't been following them much (only have so much time to do things).

I didn't realize they are on the edge of a reboot as well. Personally, one of my favorite characters is Gambit and would love to see a reboot origins storyline. So, they're going through this Secret Wars phase, then the "reboot" begins?

I'll keep tabs on Marvel coming up to see where they go with this. DC has been hit and miss with their New 52's.
    No excuses!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    I enjoy:

-Lazarus

-Manifest Destiny

-Walking Dead

-Wytches

-Satellite Sam

Got back into comics about two years ago. Buddy handed over a bunch of walking dead and I've been picking up some lines along the way.

Find it hard to get into anything Marvel/DC anymore. Seems like there are 400 different story lines and mash-ups. Don't feel like wrapping my head around any of it at this point...
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    I have a few from Rip Off Press that I get out every so often...always good for a chuckle or two......
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    I used to read them on and off but the last series I read I enjoyed a ton - Kingdom Come. It was a 4 issue series. I might still have them lying around somewhere.....just might look and dad them again!
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4