Cerrowire..any good??

Hey all. Wondering if anyone has experience in using this brand of wire? Would you reccommend it?
My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    No experience with it, but doesn't look any different than the cheapo Home depot cable.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    yeah I see that now. I ask because I'm currently using that H Depot 14 gauge speaker wire which turns out to be CCA. i was looking for an alternative that I do not want to order off the internet. My runs are short, only 6ft. I was looking at the rocketfish speaker cable at BB. Given my equipment and speakers im using and the short runs, would the Rocketfish wire be satisfactory? Any inexpensive non-internet based alternatives?
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• tonyb
    Inexpensive ? That you have to buy at places like BestBuy or Home depot ? None that I'm aware of. Home depot cable is junk and bestbuy is overpriced on their Audioquest cables. Rocketfish is about the same as Monoprice cables.

Buying used is the way to go if you want to enter the realm of better cables. That may require the internet, unless you have a robust local craigslist
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    maybe some DIY cables up to your budget for your fronts?
  • felipe
    I guess should've said "budget" instead of inexpensive lol. What I meant was since my setup isn't "high end" but more "budget" that purchasing high end speaker cable wont really make a profound difference in the SQ compared to lets say the "Rocketfish" level of speaker wire. Actually I came across speaker wire From the radioshack brand "auvio". Its cureently on sale and it looks quality..not high end quality but decent "budget" quality.Anyone heard of the auvio speaker wire??

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something local to you and much higher quality for similar dough off Craigslist - not sure of your location which can make a difference - but that way you could still avoid the internet (and sales tax $ as well) and come up with a bit better quality wire. OTOH, I ran Monster XP for a long time and I think it's better than HD wire IMO. It is the evil empire though.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• tonyb
    I wouldn't be surprised if all those "budget" brands aren't just re-badged monoprice wire. Have you tried Bluejeans cable ? Even that is a step up from the others you mentioned. Signal cable ? Tell them your a member here and he will float you a discount.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • felipe
    Thanks for your input guys. I did try bluejeans cable..estrimated a 50ft length of the 12awg..came out to roughly 40 bucks including shipping. During my research, I looked up the Auvio speaker cable and turns out that someone did a measurement/analysis of several wires including the belden wire that bluejeans uses and the auvio wire and a few others. By using the belden wire measurments as a reference/baseline, the auvio measured the closest, even better in some ways...interesting read. Google " when 12 gauge speaker wire isn't 12 gauge" to find the article if y'all are interested. The Auvio speaker is on sale right now..40 bucks for a 50ft spool..roughly the same price as bluejeans.

I tried my local CL..nothing..surprise..lol.