Tell me what I need...Network player?

Options
Okay, so I have just recently purchased a int. amp with a internal DAC. I have this in a room with no TV, so I am looking for a reasonably priced network player that has a display. I currently have a couple of fire tv which work great, but require a tv to see what's up. Is there a device that I can stream flac files to via jriver, that has its own display and a digital out? I am trying to keep this a minimalist system with very few components. I had a toshiba dvd player hooked up briefly to check out the quality of the dac, but it was way to ugly and had to go. I am thinking maybe I will just use a fire tv and get a very small lcd panel, but there has to be a media streamer out there with a display right?
Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Well of course I do. I have been using the gizmo app up to this point. I am not familiar with jremote. The fire tv will almost work, but it requires a hdmi handshake for any of the apps to start up. I take it the wd tv doesn't.?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Sweet...Thanks
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    Id consider a used squeezebox touch. Just throwing out an idea.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    The squeezbox looks to be exactly what I need. It seems to be a little pricey, given its function.
  • Simplyrandom
    Options
    The squeezbox looks to be exactly what I need. It seems to be a little pricey, given its function.

I share that opinion. :/ However the other options seem much more expensive or complicated.

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I have looked for the "Jremote" but the result didn't look correct. Jremote was a download monitor, not a Jriver remote, for android anyways. Are you sure you are not using Jriver's "gizmo" app as well?
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I almost pulled the trigger on wd tv, but since I won't need the video function I ended up taking a flyer on the Hapurs streaming box I found on Amazon..although I have no idea how to connect it to my home network. I will likely have some questions for you IT guys on Friday.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The teac in the FM would have been perfect.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Your right. I must have overlooked that, dang it.
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Got this little box hooked up easy peasy. Quite nice actually. Streams the latest music files (flac), has an optical out, but the internal dac is also a Wolfson. Nice looking too, all stainless relatively heavy. After connecting it to my home network, gizmo found it right away and has been playing for two hours with no dropouts.

7s0unnn4mlj5.jpg