1979 Klipsch La Scala's for my 2 channel set-up!

2»

Comments

• gfonggfong Posts: 1,009
    edited May 3
    You may wanna stay with what you have been using especially with the type of music you prefer. Could you borrow or demo a used tube amp?

With tubes I found whatever the solid state amps did good the tubes did better with everything except the authority on certain types of music. It is really night and day with tubes vs SS.
    Good luck with your quest as well as your SX-1010.
    2 Channel Setup: Unison Research Simply Italy Tube Amp, Klipsch La Scala speakers, Rega RP6 Union Jack Edition w/Exact Cart TT, REGA ARIA phono stage, Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, APC-H10.

A/V Setup: Sony STR-5400ES AVR, Emotiva XPA-3 Amp, Polk Audio RTi A9's, CSi A6, FXi A6,s, SVS PB12-NSD Sub, Sony KDL52W5100 TV, Sony BDP-S770 BluRay.

Connections: Atlas Navigator All CU, Atlas Voyager All CU & Atlas Equator MK II interconnects, Audioquest sub-3 sub-woofer cable, MIT EXp 2 speaker cables, AudioQuest NRG-2 power cords, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones.

gfong aka Greg Fonger
    True North Strong and Free... Canada
  • BillJGWBillJGW Posts: 7
    If you want to go all out, try an Atma-Sphere S30 amp. Ultra clear, fast, detail out the wazoo. Back a few years, I had an all Atma-Sphere system with the bigboy MA-2 monoblocks. They were glorious but put out so much heat I hardly used them in the summer!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,761
    Around 50 watts of tube power should give you the oomph your looking for. Just my .02, but you can't beat that tube sound with a stick over SS.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet