Comments

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited March 2015
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    not even DRL is helping

That's DRS, drag reduction system.
    F1 needs to go back to manual shifting and reduced hp with the screaming engines again!

I've got no problem with the semi-auto trannies. Your second comment doesn't make sense. The screaming engines were anything but reduced HP.

Spelling mistake on the DRS, thanks. My comment made sense to me. Screaming engines does not have to mean 2 years ago engines. Been watching F1 since the 70's, lots of screaming engines since then.

Did you catch Coulthard's comment today, at idle they sound like a sick tractor!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Spelling mistake on the DRS, thanks. My comment made sense to me. Screaming engines does not have to mean 2 years ago engines. Been watching F1 since the 70's, lots of screaming engines since then.

Ok fine, so WTF are you dinging me for........JHC!!!

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    There is nothing better than a Ferrari V-12 at redline, coming out of second and hitting third. Not even Mozart could compose such sweet brilliance...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Have you seen my little troll, I think he got lost trying to follow me around. If you hear a lot of tooting and snoring that'll be him. Should you find him, please send him my way because my posts are not complete until he clicks the abuse flag. Thank you.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gfong
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ok fine, so WTF are you dinging me for........JHC!!!

Hey snookums.... take a breath.... it's the Internet! anyway F1 nuts or anyone else here, how would you change the current F1 situation to make it more competitive or is the current state fine? And yes I know it's early but not much has changed since last year.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    I would just go old-school and let the teams and manufacturers design and build the best cars they can, within a very stringent set of safety rules. I would have no limits on aero, powerplant or anything else. I would also have a preliminary, world-wide series of vents to find the best cars/drivers and invite them to participate in the F! season, kind of like World Cup soccer.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The problem with a "spec" series as F1 has become, you get suppliers who are biased. Tire suppliers ostensibly develop for everyone but lets face it, at this point, who would you rather have pimping your tires...Champion Hamilton who is also a media darling and outrageously popular with the fans or someone like Nasr who is driving an also ran car and is little known outside of Brazil?

So you develop with a bias towards the team that is going to bring you the most association dollars.

Then there is Bernie. This worthless **** is ruining the sport for the sake of his almighty bottom line. And he is ruining teams in the process.
    I won't get into the fact that he thinks the paddock should only be filled with pretty people.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    Options
    I would really love to have the V12's or even the V10's back in action!
    Add to that, refueling and the sport will be better!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • F1nut
    edited March 2015
    Options
    gfong wrote: »

And I've been into F1 since Jim Clark's days, sweet cheeks. Nothing screamed like the V10/V12's. Anyway gdong, you should know how things work in F1. Nothing stays the same for long and it will never be perfect.

President of Club Polk

• gfong
    Options

And I've been into F1 since Jim Clark's days, sweet cheeks. Nothing screamed like the V10/V12's. Anyway gdong, you should know how things work in F1. Nothing stays the same for long and it will never be perfect.

You are in fact correct sir, nothing stays the same and they are always tinkering with it!
    hmmmm sounds a lot like those stereo guys and their equipment! :)
    Btw... Love the new handle, gdong! Watch out Ron Jeremy gdong's here! :) lol

Have a good one and keep watching, seems we are losing cars and teams by the season, we don't need to lose fans!

Youv'e been watching since the Clark days... wasn't his team mate Lewis and they went on some expedition across your Country!!! :)

This should get your heart pumping again ole timer! :)
    at .47 seconds that works for me in the sound and vision!
    https://youtu.be/89J3_p34qN0

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    WOW..can Rosberg or Hamilton catch Vettel? Didn't think I'd be asking this so early in the season. :o
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • gfong
    Options
    Yea, Ferrari really stepped it up for this race.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    What was more impressive was Raikkonen going a lap with a tire down and finishing 4th. looks like Ferrari may have something for Mercedes this year.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    What was more impressive was Raikkonen going a lap with a tire down and finishing 4th. looks like Ferrari may have something for Mercedes this year.

Thank the racing gods (and Ferrari).
    I was SICK of watching Merc run away last year.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • gfong
    Options
    Hey I'm a Kimi fan and at 4am in the morning I yelled with disappointment then watched the laps progress and saw him do his magic. Hopefully luck is on his side this year as he already has skill! :)
  • gfong
    Options
    Well what did we all think of the Chinese GP? Mercedes-Benz 1,2 and Ferrari 3,4. Seems like this may be the order for the next few races. Hamilton was uncontested, Vetted strong 3rd and my man Kimi had a great first 4 turns and stayed in 4th til the finish.

Thoughts or concerns?
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options

Thoughts or concerns?
    Yes its sad to see the best driver(Alonso) in the worst car.
    Rosberg is starting to whine because he can't beat Lewis.
    It's good to see the prancing horse more competitive.Hopefully Vettel can piss on the Merc parade a few times this year.I'm a Ferrari fan not a big Vettel fan but he like Alonso last year seems to have more pace than Kimi.

• chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    Options
    Overall it was a good race fellas! Looks like the red team is back on track and taking the fight to the silver arrows! I work on weekends, so I had to catch up this morning. Too bad about Alonso... but he left the red team and it seems that he's having a rough start. Poor guy! The Rosberg/Hamilton drama is going to last until the end of the season.
    Lets see next weekend where your favorite team comes in, in the dusty Bahrain!!!!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options
    Maybe this season can teach Alonso some humility but I seriously doubt it. The man (if you can call him that) has some serious personality issues.
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Options
    I'm diggin' this race!! fascinating driving, lot's of issues with the new cars. They seem delicate in this opener. Time will tell :p
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The part I am enjoying so far is that they have gotten up to previous speeds. I still miss the v10s/v12s but it is nice to see progress being made with the hybrids.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • FTGV
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Other than the goofy looking shark fin,the new regulations resulted in better looking cars in IMO. A return to the wide tires and increased downforce has increased the cornering speeds.The exhaust note on the little V6 turbo Hyrbids is now more like what an F1 car should sound like.Stilll not a v10 or V12 revving at >18k RPM but an improvement over the first gen. hybrids.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Unfortunately, the new cars are not going to allow much passing to occur. A step backwards, IMO.

President of Club Polk

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,104
    Options
    It seems good that Ferrari might be able to challenge the Mercedes dominance, but as @F1nut says, even if they can, I'm not sure your'e going to see wheel to wheel racing this time around. My biggest disappointment is that Honda of all people are **** McLaren and particularly Alonso, who is one of the best drivers out there.

I still like to watch F1, but what a circus it has become since the days that my Dad took me to Brands Hatch and Silverstone to watch the likes of Jimmy Clark, Graham Hill, Lorenzo Bandini, and greats from these shores like Richie Ginther and Bob Bondurant. Although I guess many other things have become a circus since those days too.
  • OleBoot
    Options
    OK, I can't say s c r e w i n g. What if we were having a discussion about woodwork?

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    OK, I can't say s c r e w i n g. What if we were having a discussion about woodwork?

Your s c r e w e d :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • OleBoot
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    OleBoot wrote: »

Your s c r e w e d :)

Yeah, I'm used to that.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Options
    the new rules changes has placed the race back in the hands of the engineers IMHO. one pit stop sealed the fate of the whole race, along with Max getting in the way for no reason. He should have let Hamilton pass and let him and Vetti race it out.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • FTGV
    edited March 2017
    Options
    along with Max getting in the way for no reason. He should have let Hamilton pass ....
    Not likely. Max does not give up positions easily. Just ask Kimi. You will have to earn it.
    Yes the big wings disturb the air more for the car behind so they will have to be aggressive.There seemed to be some good passes down the field.

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited April 2017
    Options
    just SMH about Mercedes, they are looking like Ferrari did last year with bad pit calls. But my worst diver award has to go to Roman Go on Haas, he complains about everything. I would like to see someone like a Max V get his seat as he is becoming the top dog over Daniel Ric on the Red Bull/Toro Roso house.

FTGV, you see how Alonso moved out of the way of the race leaders, that's being professional. Bottas can go fast, but needs to know how to win.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX