Polk Buckle headphones

Options
I managed to score a black pair off the Polk eBay store. Last pair...$50

First impressions, very laid back, smooth and warm. There's nothing harsh or fatiguing about them. I'm assuming like speakers, the sound will adjust a little once I get a bunch of hours on them.

Build wise, they're very well done and classy.

Nice job Polk!!!
No excuses!

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I enjoy mine too. I purchased a brown pair last September from Polks web store. That's a steal at $50 I thought I got a good price at the time at $125, but still well worth every penny.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Post edited by PolkieMan on
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    PolkieMan wrote: »

Those are not the Buckles...they are the Hinge, which is an on ear headphone, not over the ear. I have heard they sound very nice as well...and likely a great deal you found there.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    Sorry, I got in a hurry.
    Well hope it's a good deal Jeremy, I got a pair, figured if I didn't like them I could flip them.

PolkieMan wrote: »

Those are not the Buckles...they are the Hinge, which is an on ear headphone, not over the ear. I have heard they sound very nice as well...and likely a great deal you found there.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well what the heck just signed up to this cowboom site and snagged what I thought were buckles but are hinges oh well $32.09 with tax free shipping added some more headphones to the arsenal.

This cowboom sight is it ran by best buy? They have some pretty good deals might check them out more often. Thanks for the heads up.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    Yeah, WTF, I bought a set as well. It'll be nice to take to them to my bros next weekend and demo them against his Grato's that I got him. And the DAC I got him.

Why does he get all the cool presents?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I picked up a set of Buckle's during friends & family sale, I like them but there not up there with my Senn's & Grado.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    Yeah, WTF, I bought a set as well. It'll be nice to take to them to my bros next weekend and demo them against his Grato's that I got him. And the DAC I got him.

Why does he get all the cool presents?

Because your a cool Bro that's why. I would have him take you to dinner at the Mexican Cafe which is no longer in old town San Diego but at the mall now just can't remember which one.
    I hope you get them in time to take them on your flight to San Diego. I got another one of these stands to put them on. I have the same one holding my Sennheisers.
    http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Peridot-Headphone-Stand-Suitable/dp/B00AE0IEHM/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424034142&sr=1-2&keywords=brainwavz+headphone+stand

They will look cool side by side I will use battery powered green led lights to light them up as they will look cool through the acrylic.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• PolkieMan
    Options
    I hope you like them I need to pay better attention to what I read. :#
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Well what the heck just signed up to this cowboom site and snagged what I thought were buckles but are hinges oh well $32.09 with tax free shipping added some more headphones to the arsenal.

This cowboom sight is it ran by best buy? They have some pretty good deals might check them out more often. Thanks for the heads up.

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    There's nothing really great or offensive about the Polk headphones. They're all mid-fi with a laid back sound, great for extended listening but not what I reach for when I really want an engaging listening session.
  • codyc1ark
    Options
    Mine should be in here tomorrow. I'm going to have a lot of time to listen to them on this upcoming trip, about fifteen hours of flight time in seven days. I think I'm going to download the podcast 'Serial' and check that out on the iPad. I know its not music, but it sounds interesting.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I been using my Buckle for audiobooks, its a nice match.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    After I realized I ordered the Hinge instead of the Buckle. I requested a refund. Mainly because I already have plenty of cans. They honored my request today. Good luck. Peace.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • codyc1ark
    Options
    Well mine we're attempted to be delivered, but they'll retry tomorrow? Wait, what? I've never had that happen. They ALWAYS deliver to our office at the complex. I'm wondering since it was so late in the day the driver just said **** it and went home. Bah.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    As long as they arrive in time for your trip to SD via Dallas you will like these they are comfortable and a decent pair of on ears. Polk did a good job on these.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• PolkieMan
    Options
    Yea it seems like everyone makes headphones these days, Polk is being a bit of a "me too" looks cool, company . I only buy if I believe they are really a good value as I have plenty of them. I would say that I like my Fostex T-50RP for serious listening but even those I got for about 1/2 of what they usually sell for.

There's nothing really great or offensive about the Polk headphones. They're all mid-fi with a laid back sound, great for extended listening but not what I reach for when I really want an engaging listening session.

• gudnoyez
    Options
    I liked the Hinges so much I also got a pair of Buckles, no complaints. I like them as much as my Sennheisers when I'm in the mood for a bit more bass I grab the Polks, for better mids and highs, I grab the Sennheisers.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head