polk 4shot xbox one audio controls

I just recently bought the xbox one polk headphones. When I want to change the volumes it doesnt matter whether I push the chat or game audio buttom only the game audio ever changes. Is there a reason for this? I have updated my controllers. This isnt the first headset this happened with, it also happens with my tritton Kama.

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, it would be best to give Polk's CS department a call at: 1-800-377-7655 for help.
    Regards, Ken
  • 0neder
    0neder Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm a product designer here at Polk. The 4shots ship with the Microsoft audio puck and am almost certain you are talking about the Microsoft puck interface issues. The UI on the puck is very confusing, because you can't tell by looking at it if it's a balance mixer (like a fridge temperature dial) or an independent volume control.

Based on this video, the left buttons control balance of the signal (EG 80% game, 20% chat) and the right plus minus controls master volume for your 4shots). The audio is mixed at the console level so adjusting balance adjusts the balance coming from the xbox. I've had my puck set to the same thing for so long that I haven't used it in 6 months. I've been playing #IDARB during lunch these days. Add 'Polk Gaming' on Xbox Live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JLUbUvheH4
  • Keiyentai
    Keiyentai Posts: 1
    Thanks for posting the vid the adapter is rather..annoying and trying to get the right sound sometimes is a pain. Love the headset though.