Newegg problems

Options
seabeerob213
seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
edited January 2015 in The Clubhouse
So I ordered velodyne v-trues a few weeks back, and last week, I was told my return had been received and processed. I never returned the items, I was issued a refund, but this wasn't about having the money, I wanted the cans. Now I have yet to receive a reply from their CS as to the nature of the return, as they did get paid, I gave a a valid address, and everything was as it should be. FedEx never was able to track the package, which meant it must have never shipped, and they didn't have them labeled as dsokd out for two more days after I had placed the order. The 89 dollar sale price is no longer available, and I now can't receive mail for close to a month, give or take. So I'm just sittin here kick in rocks while they are using nonhonored sale prices to bring in customers, or what? Do they circumvent bait and switch by selling you something and then deciding you don't need it at that price and process it for return and refund you your money after holding it and your paid merchandise for a month? They will get one more chance if they have a sale that strikes my fancy, then I will decide if they are people I would care to deal with again. Anyone else have issues ordering from them? I have heard they are becoming a shady business practice as of late.
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Rob, I have only used them about half a dozen times, and always for what I thought was a very good price, and never had a problem at all. Sorry about your trouble.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Prices are always great, CS sucks, its good, I will explore different avenues or put the money somewhere else
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Farkenhostile
    Options
    I ordered an RTI a9 speaker from them well over a year ago now, when it arrived you could tell that it had been opened up and repackaged because most of the padding in the box was gone. the box itself had giant holes in it and the speaker has a few dents and one of the feet that holds the floor spikes was broken off.

I kept it anyway since I got a good price but I was a little bummed out.I don't know if I'll be using newegg anymore after that.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    IME, Newegg is typically pretty good, but you have to watch their third party retailers. I have ordered dozens of items from Newegg and have returned several with no issues from customer service.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Similar here - only good experiences with Newegg for me - though I have not used any return services as of yet.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    I heard a rumor that the Egg was sold some time back, and that CS has taken a dive from that. I don't know if its true, but just what a little bird told me.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I have gotten great deals from them in the past.(Newegg). Keep an eye on Velodyne's website. They sometimes have great deals on headphones. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    Options
    I've been ordering stuff (mainly PC parts) from Newegg 10+ years. Never had any real issues with them but their customer service has been lacking the past few years. Seems like they're not as willing to satisfy the customer like they used to.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    They told me if I want it I can place a new order at their current price, 399.99, 310.00 more than I was paying before.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Gee ! That was awfully considerate of them ! Amazon has those for 1/2 of that. $149.99 shipped.
    Post edited by gdb on
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Ouch, sorry man. That does suck.

I'd recommend Amazon on the CS front. I ordered a TV about 6 mos back, and it somehow got lost in the shuffle in delivery. I called the night the delivery was guaranteed by, and the response couldn't have been better. They refunded the TV and then put a new order through (marked down to the sale price I'd purchased at) ASAP. She also gave me 2 mos of free Prime (I already have a prime account) and told me to just ship the lost TV back if it ever showed up (never did.) I was impressed.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Right? Only buy from them if its a great sale
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    They emailed me and told me the sale price is back, gonna try again.
  • NeweggSupport
    Options
    Hello seabeerob213,
    We really appreciate that you brought this to our attention. First, we'd like to apologize for this experience. We agree that the original price should be honored in this situation. We definitely want to investigate this further with your assistance, would you contact us at wecare@newegg.com with your order details so that we may take a look at this. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Newegg Support ~ William
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for posting on our forum, William! Nice to see a company working to help it's customers.
    Regards, Ken
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Hello seabeerob213,
    We really appreciate that you brought this to our attention. First, we'd like to apologize for this experience. We agree that the original price should be honored in this situation. We definitely want to investigate this further with your assistance, would you contact us at wecare@newegg.com with your order details so that we may take a look at this. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Newegg Support ~ William

Very Cool, William! B) As with Polk Audio, I've always been VERY satisfied with the service I've received at Newegg. Hope this works out for you, Rob.

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    I am surprised to see William the NE rep taking the time to come here, sign up and address the issue on behalf of the company. Although I never ordered anything from New Egg I am definitely putting their store on my shopping list.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    I was told in a later email that the original price could not be honored because it was a "marketplace" vendor selling through Newegg.(is this a third party selling there, like on amazon) The service rep or newegg also sent me an email letting me know when they went back on sale. CS has been great, just wondering why liberties were taken with my order without informing me first.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    @NeweggSupport thank you very much for hopping on here William, great to see a company being proactive about providing excellent CS.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    @NeweggSupport , i ordered them again, and when we returned from deployment, all our mail was supposed to be forwarded, but they been returned to sender, is there anyway i can get the new address slapped on these and mailed to me before a return is processed?
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    I'd suggest you have them sent to a family member/friend stateside.....then.......have THEM send you the headphones.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    I finally got the seconfg pair I ordered, only took a couple months of them being lost in the mail.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up everyone. I've used egg w/ no prob but I will be careful.

So when you gonna change your pic?
    I finally got the seconfg pair I ordered, only took a couple months of them being lost in the mail.

• seabeerob213
    Options
    I have the at still as well, but soon
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Better pic?
  • JimKellyfan
    JimKellyfan Posts: 696
    Options
    I got a lot from them, but it has been awhile, about 5 years. I find better / equivalent deals on Amazon / Ebay / local.
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar