A Bluefox kinda Friday night...

1757677787981»

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,914
    BlueFox wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    jgqf3mo037wj.jpg

Is that you and your girlfriend? She is wearing your avatar.

Nah I wish...just a photo taken from Donald St. in Winnipeg today. I actually wish I was there to take it all in as I am from Winnipeg cause the roof came off the building on the first goal...but thanks for a 4-2 Jets win today, they now lead the series 1-0...I know it's the first win of the conference finals but considering this incarnation or the previous one NEVER made it this far in the playoffs til now, excuse me for being quite hyped for this.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,914
    pz65wt5lm7rk.jpg
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,947
    I had a great week from both a work and personal perspective, yet I sit here totally depressed over the same stupid stuff that happens over and over. My sympathies to all affected. My hate goes to one family and person.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,461
    edited June 13
    Amazon still hasn't learned how to ship CDs properly. They put 4 of them into a cheap paper padded envelope. The padded envelope is such a horrible method of packaging them that the entire side of it was ripped open. Two of the CDs arrived with cracked cases.

Back they go. Not paying for something that's "new" and then having it arrive in condition other than "new".
    Got Dayens?
    edited June 13
    Good timing on this thread. My Typhon QR arrived today, and I am taking tomorrow off so I can do a Friday night evaluation tonight. :)

I agree about the CDs although I ignore broken jewel cases since I rip the CD. I wish all CDs came in the cardboard sleeves.

tacspz67lhka.jpeg
    zv3xgchbi9c0.jpeg

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    System's looking good, Bud!
    Got Dayens?
    Thanks. Now to decide if I keep or return the QR.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Is there a recommended break-in time to follow before doing serious critical listening?
    Thanks. Now to decide if I keep or return the QR.

Got Dayens?
    No idea, but it seems anything electronic needs some time to settle in. Shunyata says they use a technology to reduce that time, but still whatever does need some settling time.

First impression is it definitely has made a difference in the sound. It appears much more analytical than before. I will see if it smooths out, or I get used to it. I should know by Sunday since I will let it play continuously until then.

The QR is definitely ‘better’ than the Typhon v1. The v1 operates in parallel to the Triton while the QR is in series. I didn’t really notice much difference when I added the v1, while the QR jumped right out at me.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,946
    edited June 15
    Chillin on the patio with my lil Bose and lil kiddo.
    5kt1gxdqxqtr.jpeg
    147f5a0vtwb4.jpeg

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    Sometimes that’s all the music you need. Enjoy.

Nice patio, and ‘kiddo’. :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Yeah key word being need. Sometimes just need it simple.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    Nice bubbling brook/waterfall thing!
    Got Dayens?
    Oh you gotta see it light up :D
    ix9tc33h20f4.jpeg
    Oh, very Zen!!
    Got Dayens?
    I saw that too. I want one.

Is the AC annoying when it kicks on? The heat pump/AC on my MD house bothers me. If I move back there I will have to see if it can be moved.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,530
    I dig that table thing with the rock tray in it. :)
    I think it's one of those fancy fire "pits".
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I dig that table thing with the rock tray in it. :)

Got Dayens?
    You are supposed to walk over it, or for the smaller ones, sit on it. Ouch. :o
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    edited June 15
    wkcyv0an25kr.jpeg
    It’s how I keep my beer warm.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,530
    Very nice!
    I saw that too. I want one.

Is the AC annoying when it kicks on? The heat pump/AC on my MD house bothers me. If I move back there I will have to see if it can be moved.

Yes. It’s a decently quiet unit but still I’d rather not hear it. Im hoping the arborvitae will help insulate the sound when they fill in.
    Yes. My tolerance level for unwanted noise is zero. I even moved my refrigerator into the garage to eliminate that noise. LOL

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,602
    You are supposed to walk over it, or for the smaller ones, sit on it. Ouch. :o

Watch this hold my beer
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Yes. My tolerance level for unwanted noise is zero. I even moved my refrigerator into the garage to eliminate that noise. LOL

That seems reasonable. Maybe I can move my family to the garage to eliminate that noise. Only while I’m listening to the stereo of course.
    Update. The replacement order arrived, in the same woefully inadequate paper padded envelope.

This time out of two, only one of the cases was cracked! So I guess that's progress?

So I went and started the return/replacement process yet again and it only gave me the option of refund. However because the replacement order was based on credit, the value shown on the invoice for the disc is $0.00. So it says once they receive the CD back, they'll credit my account in the amount of $0.00. Great.

Looks like I'll have to contact them after it gets back to them and get them to credit me for the actual amount of the CD. ($9.26)

Guess Amazon just doesn't know how to ship CDs, too bad.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Amazon still hasn't learned how to ship CDs properly. They put 4 of them into a cheap paper padded envelope. The padded envelope is such a horrible method of packaging them that the entire side of it was ripped open. Two of the CDs arrived with cracked cases.

Back they go. Not paying for something that's "new" and then having it arrive in condition other than "new".

Got Dayens?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,804
    I gave up ordering CD's from Amazon. They just do not care that they get trashed. They gave me crapolla last time i ordered 6 and twice all 6 were destroyed. They came at me that I had returned too many items and they would suspend my account because of too many returns in one year... I had one friggin return folks. I told them fine just nuke the whole account I'm done with you...
    Really how much more could it cost for a proper sized box like they used in the past? Heck i think it might actually save them money in the long run and have happy customers.
    I think Jeff Bezos just got a million dollars richer in the time it took you to write that post. Screw Amazon.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I gave up ordering CD's from Amazon. They just do not care that they get trashed. They gave me crapolla last time i ordered 6 and twice all 6 were destroyed. They came at me that I had returned too many items and they would suspend my account because of too many returns in one year... I had one friggin return folks. I told them fine just nuke the whole account I'm done with you...
    Really how much more could it cost for a proper sized box like they used in the past? Heck i think it might actually save them money in the long run and have happy customers.

Got Dayens?