A Bluefox kinda Friday night...

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,831
    Sitting in the sweet spot letting the Black Label Society wash over me..... aaaa goodness....
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,586
    Russ, beer looks great. Not sure about the cotton balls. Maybe some Tide packets would be better. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    Thorton, the XP-22 is an improvement over the XP-20. Just as the Sigma speaker cables are an improvement over the previous TOTL Zitron Anacondas. The problem is you need to be familiar with the predecessor to appreciate its replacement. Still haven’t quite convinced myself it was worth the money, but I have rationalized it. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    What is that there Russ ? Salami rolls?
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,043
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Russ, beer looks great. Not sure about the cotton balls. Maybe some Tide packets would be better. :)

C'mon Bud!.....no pretty blue and orange stripes.
    Plus...phosphor base alkalines wreak havoc upon the respiratory system....
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,383
    Recycled from another thread...

6pzifoaj377w.gif
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,041
    lightman1 wrote: »
    zn2oqlqtywx4.jpg

Looks good from where I sit...

Yummy!!!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7, Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7, Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's, IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable, Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    Thorton wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    zn2oqlqtywx4.jpg

Looks good from where I sit...

Yummy!!!

Still a good day, Thorton....
  • mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,559
    haqu7tviq87x.jpeg

Been a long day. Might be a little late to crack this guy. **** it. Beer and about 400 bucks in vintage tubes burning in. Already sounds great.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP03, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Me either
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,366
    How's the 22 not that you've had it for awhile? I picked up some Acoustic Zen Double Barrel SC's and Matrix II IC's a number of months back and could not believe what it did for the bass and overall sound. They're a big improvement compared to my prior cables.

Good choice my man. Big fan myself of their cables.
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
    Ok it's Friday...I've been in and out of the house a few times...running around in the truck, errands and such...figured feed it's system and the home rig with one iPod...tunes continue no matter where I am! Cranked tunes but no alcohol yet as I do NOT drink and drive....EVER!
    Just realized it’s Friday, at least in regard to this thread. I am now doing weekend 2 for evaluating the Shunyata Sigma speaker cables. I am liking them even more. If tomorrow night is the same then I need to make a decision whether or not to upgrade the interconnects to Sigma.

Anyway, back to the Muzak and beer. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    tonyb wrote: »
    How's the 22 not that you've had it for awhile? I picked up some Acoustic Zen Double Barrel SC's and Matrix II IC's a number of months back and could not believe what it did for the bass and overall sound. They're a big improvement compared to my prior cables.

Good choice my man. Big fan myself of their cables.

Thanks Tony. Based on your reviews and others on this forum plus reviews on other audio sites I decided to try them out. Robert is a great guy to talk to too.

This was my first real cable comparison. No break-in needed.... as soon as I hooked them up, I could tell immediately the night and day difference. Next experiments are power cords.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7, Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7, Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's, IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable, Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    Eric Gale....it was a damn good Friday night.....
    Well the tunes continue to tonight, that said I found a Parasound P3 on the local for sale thingy...seriously considering too. hrm
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 1,505
    Maybe it's because it's Wednesday night, instead of Friday night, but I just couldn't get into my system tonight.

I played three different CDs start to finish, and things just didn't sound quite "right". I kept wanting more treble, or more bass.

The last time I used my system was Sunday and things sounded absolutely amazing. It's just been sitting powered off since then.

So, I guess it was just my brain. Anyone else ever feel like their system suddenly sounds different, even though nothing has changed?
    Alan_r wrote: »
    My passion is for the music, my hobby is how I listen to it.
    So whatever happened to PFB? I miss seeing all the insane gear he went through and wondering how he could afford it.
    PFB was banned for something. Don’t know what.

Anyway, it’s poker night, so no tunes until around 1AM. My new Shunyata Sigma XLR interconnects arrived yesterday, and they have been playing nonstop since around 3PM Thursday. Can’t wait to kick back and really listen to them later tonight.

In the last few months I have upgraded my preamp, speaker cables, and now the ICs. It is like a new stereo. But it is time to slowdown, and maybe work on the HT.

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Oh sh...er...it's Friday? Dang...been too busy this week to notice. Anyways...just setting up a new laptop finally...it works...works nice. Got some music goin and it's all happy happy joy joy.
    I don't know how I did it but I messed up my ankle. Pain in the butt. Taking it easy this weekend. Going to watch a movie on the 7.2 soon.

I've got a new component on order I'm very excited about. Should arrive around the end of the month. B)
    Any pics of the XLRs?
    My new Shunyata Sigma XLR interconnects arrived yesterday

Actually, I do.

prs56ajduwgj.jpeg
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Actually, I do.

prs56ajduwgj.jpeg

I'm willing to bet all 6 of these are more pricey than both my big rig and bedroom systems...put together! Nice cables Bud.
    Cool coilpack things. Fancy!
    Decided to take Friday off for a four day weekend. Last weekend I only had one night to evaluate the new cables, and a task that serious needs multiple nights. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    (Does Kermit impression)

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday...a week of pure hell at work and performing massive miracles! Time to get loaded...seriously...and enjoy some music...ultra loud.
    Careful with your ears man. I played some music "ultra loud" while DJing on my birthday last month, and I ended up seriously hurting my ear because I was standing too close to the right speaker.

Earaches, numb pain, and a feeling of pressure in my right ear for two weeks. I think it's now fully back to "normal", however I think there's some slight permanent damage.

Don't do what I did. I can't even tell you how depressed about it I was.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    (Does Kermit impression)

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday...a week of pure hell at work and performing massive miracles! Time to get loaded...seriously...and enjoy some music...ultra loud.

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,875
    Bud's already old....not much to lose ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers