A Bluefox kinda Friday night...

1656667686971»

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 910
    You still have CRT TV lol
    NAD C 316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,522
    Yes, it is a 32" Panasonic I bought in 1998 to use with my first DVD player. It still works great, so until it breaks I won't replace it. On the other hand, I don't watch much TV, so it doesn't really matter. For 4K UHD Blue Rays, I use my 75" Sony Z9D in the HT.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    Just finished a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon to celebrate my review and cable purchase. Not used to wine, especially on a Thursday night. I have a feeling I am going to slow and groogy tomorrow at work. Oh well. That's life. Breakfast, the gym at lunch, and a late meal should have me ready for Friday night. I am still evaluating the new XP-22 preamp, so I need to be sharp. LOL

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,147
    Thankfully you guys are alright...the earth moving isn't so comforting lol.

That said today is Friday, will be crankin the tunes on the big system tonight but a part of my HTPC is on it's way to California for warranty replacement....ugh it's so slow without this piece part but eh it'll work til it's fixed.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,556
    BlueFox wrote: »
    cqzdphbfxacq.jpeg
    Did the female, in the picture, have what is known as a biblical toot to create such a cloud, tear her jeans, and blow off her top?
    She must have known it was coming to assume a position like that.

"Hey guys, check this out! I can only do it once!" VVvvrrrrrroooommmmmmm...
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,817
    mrbiron wrote: »
    cqzdphbfxacq.jpeg
    Did the female, in the picture, have what is known as a biblical toot to create such a cloud, tear her jeans, and blow off her top?
    She must have known it was coming to assume a position like that.

"Hey guys, check this out! I can only do it once!" VVvvrrrrrroooommmmmmm...

Bless her heart.....
    LOL. I almost crashed when I saw that picture at a pop-up art sale in a parking lot. I had to make a U-turn, and go back to buy it. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    The fact that you have that photo hanging up is proof that you aren't married.
    NAD C 316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,023
    Clipdat wrote: »
    The fact that you have that photo hanging up is proof that you aren't married.

+1. Yup.

Thank god it's BFFN!!! Time for a little workout with tunes and then brew.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7, Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7, Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable, Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    Hoping to join you later in the tunes, but instead of brew it's bitchass LaCroix sparkling waters for me :/
    Thorton wrote: »

+1. Yup.

Thank god it's BFFN!!! Time for a little workout with tunes and then brew.

• tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 248
    Coltrane, grilled cheese & a cuppa tomato soup fixes everything.
    Especially with a nice Chianti.

and maybe some fava beans.
    Just sat down to unwind after a hectic back to work after Xmas break week. Why are you guys commenting on my wife’s portrait? :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,650
    Just sat down to unwind after a hectic back to work after Xmas break week. Why are you guys commenting on my wife’s portrait? :)

LOL...spanky
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers

Suuuuure Pinocchio :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,037
    That's the junk collection room, we all have them. That pic is in there with the cat pole, crt tv, and a wind chime....which god knows why a wind chime is indoors other than for the cats amusement. Could also be an early alert system for earthquakes ? :)

We all have rooms like that, stuff you don't want to get rid of ...yet, but feel a need to have it displayed somewhere. I'm betting that picture reminds Bud of "the one that got away", so to speak. ;)
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
    hrm may be Friday but I got the tunes cranked...gona be trying to assemble a retro PC and make it work tonight.

I do have a shoutout to the United States Postal Service...yes a Canadian praising the US mail system. The video card I sent expedited parcel to Brea California should be there according to the tracking info, that tracking info is interesting as the package was sent from Canada. You use the Canada Post tracking site and get at the moment that the item entered a foreign country. The USPS tracking (same number as it's a international parcel) shows it's progress from when I sent it to where it sits right now with a delivery date of Monday. Seriously getting MORE information from the USPS than Canada Post gives yet they both get the same data, stupid Canada Post.

By the way, as of punching this out...that parcel departed a facility in San Fransisco International Distribution Center at 2:54 Pacific this afternoon and deliver is expected to be on Monday...not too shabby info there USPS, thanks!
    tonyb wrote: »
    That's the junk collection room, we all have them. That pic is in there with the cat pole, crt tv, and a wind chime....which god knows why a wind chime is indoors other than for the cats amusement. Could also be an early alert system for earthquakes ? :)

From a few posts back.

“ My earthquake detector didn’t go off, so there was little shaking here. However, in the past, the cats will get on top of the TV and swat it, which sets it off. I have woken up thinking “Earthquake!”, and then wondered why I didn’t feel anything. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    @BlueFox

There's an empty spot on top of your equipment rack that would be perfect for a turntable:

5fuo71fbf5ca.jpeg

Why no turntable?!?
    I had a turntable in the 70s and early 80s. Also had a reel to reel. Both were a PITA and I doubt I will ever get another. Many albums only have one or two good songs per side, if you are lucky. Surface noise, ticks, pops, dirt, dust, stylus and tone arm adjustments. No thanks. I don't beat my clothes on rocks down by the river, and I don't need a turntable. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    I just wrote a post addressing each of those issues and relating them to my own experiences, but erased it.

Too each his own I guess, just was surprised because of that empty spot and figured it would look complete with a turntable.
    I had a turntable in the 70s and early 80s. Also had a reel to reel. Both were a PITA and I doubt I will ever get another. Many albums only have one or two good songs per side, if you are lucky. Surface noise, ticks, pops, dirt, dust, stylus and tone arm adjustments. No thanks. I don't beat my clothes on rocks down by the river, and I don't need a turntable. :)

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,753
    Nothing like a scratch and dirt free platter spinning and a nice cartridge to deliver that sweet clear sound to a nice stereo and on to nice speakers.

I've had guys over and they see the platter spinning and they ask in amazement, " That's a record playing that? " YUP, it is.. ;)

But I still LOVE playing CD's since you don't have to get up and flip the platter 1/2 way through it. And with my ears, I don't mind CD sound. Heck, my 900.00 Ultech UCD-100 CD player I bought at a Pawn Shop for 40.00+ plays CDs BEAUTIFULLY. Seriously, that player opened my ears to how good CDs can sound. :p So my Cd collection will never go anywhere and in fact, it's still growing too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    psssssst folks...it's Friday...after the week I've had I started the loud tunes in the truck on the way home from work...yep...decent system in that thing to help the commute (not stock). Tunes continue at home and well as the wobbly pops.
    Good timing. :)

I just sat down to listen after adding three Marilyn Manson CDs to the file player, and a CD by PUP.

Now to drink beer and listen to the new tunes late into the night.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    edited January 12
    The rumor circulating about him when I was a kid was that he had one of his ribs surgically removed, so that he could suck his own ____.
    Good timing. :)

I just sat down to listen after adding three Marilyn Manson CDs to the file player, and a CD by PUP.

Now to drink beer and listen to the new tunes late into the night.

edited January 12
    Now, should I unleash the hybrid rig in 2.1 mode or just throw on surround...awwww 2.1...the SDAs throw an image like crazy!
    Yes. This is Vanilla. Not the Presidency. LOL
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.