A Bluefox kinda Friday night...

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,276
    voltz ah I see, I've been up since 5AM and right now it's currently 8:33PM PST, I wanna get a bit of music in before I crash and I can feel it coming :(
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,965
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Dang it you guys are making me want to go pour myself one...

You only live once. :)

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,389
    Me too brother, me too...I had to drown my sorrows in music, think I will sleep good tonight!
  • MrBuhlMrBuhl Posts: 1,776
    The Whistle Pig is in the glass... Jimi on the TT, life is good. Here's to ya gents!
    MrBuhl, tis a great way to spend a Friday night after a hard week of work!
    nbrowser wrote: »

I cannot argue with you one bit there! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • We'll it just turned midnight where I am...and I am only on number two...gonna be a late one :D
    You're one ahead of me - gotta catch up!

That is the truth. I bust my brain at work all week, and my body at the gym. When Friday night rolls around I am beat, and just want some stimulating music, and beer to go with it. At 65, my needs are few. :).

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,905
    A Bluefox night... this is nice!
    And Friday has continued on into Saturday night here at my homestead, the Parasound is warm, the Onkyo is warmish...never does get to warm since well it's primarily a pre nowadays. The RTiA7s and singing their nicely detailed full song and I'm on cloud nine cause of it!
    Same here. Enjoying the heck out of my rock playlist on random shuffle. Soon will use the HT to watch "Lucy". Started last night, and will continue tonight. The problem is it is so hard to resist listening to the Magicos. I have never been so addicted to a speaker as I am with these.
    Evening gents. A little Tull on the TT and amber in the glass.
    Evening. I have three Tull songs on my rock playlist; Aqualung, Locomotive Breath, and Cross Eyed Mary.
    It's almost Friday...less than 24 hours and it'll be time to seriously uncork the SDAs and find their limits...whoohoo!
    It's almost Friday...less than 24 hours and it'll be time to seriously uncork the SDAs and find their limits...whoohoo!

Go easy padawan. It is best to learn their limits slowly, and with care.

Go easy padawan. It is best to learn their limits slowly, and with care.

John, agreed. I did air them out nicely when I brought them home but with a slow curve increase of the volume control and they took what I gave them for power admirably. I promise to my vintage big Polks to never bring them intentional harm from overdoing it. Just such sweet sound whether at low volume or a gentle roar, I've been converted, these SDA 2s are my babies, took a while to find em, gotta take good care of them.
    edited February 2015
    Wuss. Take it to 83. :)

I am looking forward to tomorrow night. Last night I downloaded the new Annie Lennox album, Nostalgia, and Physical Graffiti. However, neither will get beyond the low 70s, at the max.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wuss. Take it to 83. :)

83? pfffft! That's just one notch above what my AVR says is THX Reference...I still got another 17 to go to hit a hundred hehe :)
    My Friday night will be spent breaking down my rig and getting it ready to go down to San Diego so I can show off. :D B)
    John, I fully intend on showing my rig off when I get the SDAs positioned better, man they sound great even slightly out of preferred placement.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,905
    Friday night, in style.

v6tgjv6somux.jpg
  • That's awesome.
    DSkip wrote: »
    Friday night, in style.

v6tgjv6somux.jpg

Nice Skip, Friday nights were made for enjoying your music, and gear. I saw on the news tonight that some schools in TX missed four days this week due to the snow. Hope you had other good nights this week. :)

Well gentlemen, Friday has arrived and at this moment, the SDAs are loosening up a bit...playing some Motley Crue at a moderate volume. Just amazed at what these babies can do for 30 year old speakers, simply stunning.
    "Gentlemen?'......"Who came in?"

Moe, Larry, and Curly. :)
    BlueFox wrote: »
    "Gentlemen?'......"Who came in?"

Moe, Larry, and Curly. :)

Well, you have a much higher end system than I do, that qualifies you as a gentleman in my books.
    Not familiar with the Three Stooges? :)

However, in my world, just because I have spent way too much money on a stereo does not make me, or anyone else, a gentleman. On the other hand, I am a gentleman, or reasonably close. :)
    Yes I'm highly familiar with the Three Stooges, Idiot, Moron and Dipstick, all three work under me at the shop....wonder how Dipstick makes it through life mind you.
    Funny how it goes in threes. Larry, Moe, and Curly. Huey, Dewey, and Louie. And Idiot, Moron, and Dipstick. Turn those SDAs up. :)