A Bluefox kinda Friday night...

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,531
    voltz ah I see, I've been up since 5AM and right now it's currently 8:33PM PST, I wanna get a bit of music in before I crash and I can feel it coming :(
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,144
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Dang it you guys are making me want to go pour myself one...

You only live once. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,515
    Me too brother, me too...I had to drown my sorrows in music, think I will sleep good tonight!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • MrBuhlMrBuhl Posts: 1,819
    The Whistle Pig is in the glass... Jimi on the TT, life is good. Here's to ya gents!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel , McCormack DNA 0.5 (SMc Gold) Amp, MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp, Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded), A/L 1000VA Dreadnought, Canare 4s11 SDA cable, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Vincent Pho-700 Phono Pre, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / Pangea & Signal Cable MP power
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000
    LA Toobs Dodd Audio 50wpc Dual Mono Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp, Polk LSIM705, Marantz DV8300 SACD, VPI Nomad Turntable w/Ortofon 2M Bronze, MIT AVt3 Speaker & RCA Cables, Pangea & Signal Cable MP power

Dodd Mid Level Preamp ("on the bench" w/Charlie)
    Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Bottlehead Foreplay (modded)
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    McCormack DNA-1 Power Drive Amp
    Eastern Electric Minimax CDP
    MrBuhl, tis a great way to spend a Friday night after a hard week of work!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

nbrowser wrote: »

I cannot argue with you one bit there! Thanks for the encouragement!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel , McCormack DNA 0.5 (SMc Gold) Amp, MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp, Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded), A/L 1000VA Dreadnought, Canare 4s11 SDA cable, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Vincent Pho-700 Phono Pre, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / Pangea & Signal Cable MP power
    LA Toobs Dodd Audio 50wpc Dual Mono Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp, Polk LSIM705, Marantz DV8300 SACD, VPI Nomad Turntable w/Ortofon 2M Bronze, MIT AVt3 Speaker & RCA Cables, Pangea & Signal Cable MP power

Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
  • We'll it just turned midnight where I am...and I am only on number two...gonna be a late one :D
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    You're one ahead of me - gotta catch up!

Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6

That is the truth. I bust my brain at work all week, and my body at the gym. When Friday night rolls around I am beat, and just want some stimulating music, and beer to go with it. At 65, my needs are few. :).

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,072
    A Bluefox night... this is nice!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
    And Friday has continued on into Saturday night here at my homestead, the Parasound is warm, the Onkyo is warmish...never does get to warm since well it's primarily a pre nowadays. The RTiA7s and singing their nicely detailed full song and I'm on cloud nine cause of it!

Same here. Enjoying the heck out of my rock playlist on random shuffle. Soon will use the HT to watch "Lucy". Started last night, and will continue tonight. The problem is it is so hard to resist listening to the Magicos. I have never been so addicted to a speaker as I am with these.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Evening gents. A little Tull on the TT and amber in the glass.

Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Evening. I have three Tull songs on my rock playlist; Aqualung, Locomotive Breath, and Cross Eyed Mary.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    It's almost Friday...less than 24 hours and it'll be time to seriously uncork the SDAs and find their limits...whoohoo!

It's almost Friday...less than 24 hours and it'll be time to seriously uncork the SDAs and find their limits...whoohoo!

Go easy padawan. It is best to learn their limits slowly, and with care.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...

Go easy padawan. It is best to learn their limits slowly, and with care.

John, agreed. I did air them out nicely when I brought them home but with a slow curve increase of the volume control and they took what I gave them for power admirably. I promise to my vintage big Polks to never bring them intentional harm from overdoing it. Just such sweet sound whether at low volume or a gentle roar, I've been converted, these SDA 2s are my babies, took a while to find em, gotta take good care of them.

edited February 2015
    Wuss. Take it to 83. :)

I am looking forward to tomorrow night. Last night I downloaded the new Annie Lennox album, Nostalgia, and Physical Graffiti. However, neither will get beyond the low 70s, at the max.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wuss. Take it to 83. :)

83? pfffft! That's just one notch above what my AVR says is THX Reference...I still got another 17 to go to hit a hundred hehe :)

My Friday night will be spent breaking down my rig and getting it ready to go down to San Diego so I can show off. :D B)

John, I fully intend on showing my rig off when I get the SDAs positioned better, man they sound great even slightly out of preferred placement.

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
    Friday night, in style.

v6tgjv6somux.jpg
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • That's awesome.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    DSkip wrote: »
    Friday night, in style.

v6tgjv6somux.jpg

Nice Skip, Friday nights were made for enjoying your music, and gear. I saw on the news tonight that some schools in TX missed four days this week due to the snow. Hope you had other good nights this week. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Well gentlemen, Friday has arrived and at this moment, the SDAs are loosening up a bit...playing some Motley Crue at a moderate volume. Just amazed at what these babies can do for 30 year old speakers, simply stunning.

"Gentlemen?'......"Who came in?"

Moe, Larry, and Curly. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    "Gentlemen?'......"Who came in?"

Moe, Larry, and Curly. :)

Well, you have a much higher end system than I do, that qualifies you as a gentleman in my books.

Not familiar with the Three Stooges? :)

However, in my world, just because I have spent way too much money on a stereo does not make me, or anyone else, a gentleman. On the other hand, I am a gentleman, or reasonably close. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Yes I'm highly familiar with the Three Stooges, Idiot, Moron and Dipstick, all three work under me at the shop....wonder how Dipstick makes it through life mind you.

Funny how it goes in threes. Larry, Moe, and Curly. Huey, Dewey, and Louie. And Idiot, Moron, and Dipstick. Turn those SDAs up. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.