4shots great with cellphones. Gaming Not so much.

(copied from earlier post)
To anyone viewing this thread Its not worth the money. (referring to the turtle beach chat plus adapter) Does it make the headset sound better? (referring to polks) yes it absolutely does. Does it correct the mic issue? NO.. It maybe turns up the mic by 5% Other players report it sounds like I am chatting through my connect from across the room (all . The headset does have mic monitoring it does work rather well but due to the after market detachable boom mic there is a feedback issue where you are heard twice and its a weird delay. This also happens with the oem included adapter (manufactured by microsoft) from polk, but to the extent that there is a one or two second delay before you hear yourself again. I am pretty sure there is an absent of mic monitoring with microsofts included adapter. I have read online here in the forums that this is a known issue with the headsets and the fix is to turn down the volume so there wouldn't be this voice phenomenon issue. These headsets are well constructed however don't gloss over the issue that what your getting is a well crafted shiny piece of ... non gaming equipment. Have fun using these with your cellphones. If you want a mostly metal constructed light headset with sub sub sub par chat performance buy the 4 shots. If you have already purchased these and are within your return period return them. you would seriously be better off buying the microsoft branded headsets. Good riddance to me right moderators.