60+, Today

Options
This sucks but I'm in a sharing mood.

I'm not old, I'm youthfully challenged.
What goes up and never comes down? ......Your age!
In dog years your dead.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
Once over the hill, you pick up speed.
Age is like underwear, it creeps up on you!
According to my best recollection, I don't remember.
Don't interrupt me while I'm talking to myself.
After fifty everything that doesn't hurt doesn't work!
Chronologically gifted!
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

*Several Advantages of Getting Old*
Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
No one expects you to run anywhere.
People call at 9 PM and ask, 'Did I wake you?'
People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
Things you buy now won't wear out.
You can eat supper at 4 PM.
You can live without sex but not your glasses.
You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
You sing along with elevator music.
Your eyes won't get much worse.
Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for Sharing Tony. And Happy Brithday!!! same day as Jimmy Page

I was born on the same day as someone famous too .. Jesse! B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    Maybe that's why I like Zeppelin so much. :D

BTW: It's also Richard Nixon's birthday. :neutral_face:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2015
    Options
    LOL but he was unique!

I saw a sign when I was a kid,,,it said Pick Dick for president and you won't get screwed.

I guess I should have said Richard
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    Like:

"Why change dicks in the middle of a screw, vote for Nixon in '72"
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Happy Birthday is it 60 or + how many? At least you are not as old as Pagey, but if your only 60 you are not as old as Elvis Presley had he lived I saw on the news that it was his birthday and would of been his 80th which would of made him 20 years ahead of you.

I once read that eating mushrooms at the golf course helps one age with dignity, anyways enjoy your 60+.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Happy B-day! Thanks for posting. :)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    Happy B'day. Had my 55th a few days ago. Weird to get old...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tony....from another old Tony.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    Happy birthday
    I was 59 this past Monday :D
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Happy 60th + Tony! Thanks for the laugh.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Happy birthday, sixty years... Start enjoying every day!! I'm seventy six and in great health!! Stay young Tony!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • quicksilvergts
    Options
    Happy birthday,
    Godspeed.

Cheers!!
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
    your BOLD enough to make it happen"
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    "Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

This one says it in a nutshell.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Happy B-day Tony! I'm also in the 60+ age group. Not a bad place to be.

The first fifty years of life is all about learning, the next fifty is all about living!
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tony!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Tony!

Thanks for posting the "wisdom." As one who is rapidly (too rapidly) approaching 70, I appreciate anything that makes aging humorous.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tony!

Love the anecdotes you posted.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey man, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

60 no problem, think Jack Lalanne! That dude was embarrassing 25 year olds at that age!

60 is the new 40, no? Sure feels like it to me. Let's check in again when we cross 80, I suppose we might look a little old then. But then again, I remember my father still doing pushups, pullups and situps and not just one or two or five or even 10 reps but legitimate SETS in his mid-eighties! And yes, he was completely "natural" no male enhancement or all this testosterone you dudes in your late 40s and 50s seem to think you have to have? Who's that British youtube powerlifting obsessed fitness guy who is not even 40 and he's already on male hormones because he believes in using TECHNOLOGY to remain young and strong? Geeesh. If you feel you need help at 37+, there's something wrong! Whatever happened to aging gracefully and staying in shape?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    Options
    I'm so old I voted for Nixon. Twice.

Just remember. "He kept our boys out of Northern Ireland"

And learn how to check your own pulse and blood pressure. That mortician might be wrong.
  • woodhead 2
    Options
    Happy birthday. My next one is 60, also.
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Upper fronts- Monitor 30's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Ha when I seen the title of the thread, I thought you were boasting about a nice warm temperature in January. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    One of my favorite age related quotes:
    You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing.

.....or something like that.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Here's some advice for getting older:

http://youtu.be/3I_PeLNzxNQ

In case you missed it... you need to check how loud you can still whisper.