San Diego Gathering

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited January 2015
    tonyb wrote: »
    Is there an Iranian Polk fest I'm not aware of ? lol

there is one at my house every night. :D<3B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    there is one at my house every night.

There's not enough booze in south Cali to accommodate that John....unless you have a still in the basement.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    there is one at my house every night.

There's not enough booze in south Cali to accommodate that John....unless you have a still in the basement.

my wife is Persian Tony... lol
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DSkip wrote: »
    Valentines Day? Might as well strike that one.

I look forward to the day I can afford to travel to the coasts and the "Middle East" to participate in other regional gatherings.

Middle East ? Is there an Iranian Polk fest I'm not aware of ? lol

Reference to Steve Carrel's weather report from Anchorman.

Ok duh, that one flew over my head. Must be getting slow or somethin'.

South Cali sounds pretty good about now given what the Northeast is staring at. Hope you guys have a blast.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    My plans are set no matter what. I fly into Dallas on the 26th, and then to SD on the 27th. This worked out great, since work is paying for the Dal to SD flight, so now I'm only on the hook for one ticket. Don't mind me if you guys have to change, not a huge deal.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    I think I might be in for this! My Philharmonic Audio Slims might be ready by then too. I could bring my Totem Hawks too. I think these might surprise some of you. I'll have to check the work schedule but this would be fun if enough people got involved.

Might be interesting if you brought the Oppo 105. Do an A/B comparison with my Oppo 83. Might make me want to spend some $$ though...... :smiley:
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    I guess I will leave my 6 Oppo 93 at home.

• dpowell
    I have one, possibly two friends who are not forum members but are in to audio that want to come.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Doug - are we still on for Feb 28?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • nooshinjohn
    Interested to know as well. I need to get the day off from work to attend.

• codyc1ark
    Either way, I know I'll be in SD on the 28th, so watch out.
  • dpowell
    Yes, we're on for the 28th. 11am to 5pm. Looking forward to it!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2015
    dpowell wrote: »

An end time? What's that?

I was planning on moving in.... I even had the U-haul booked. >:)

• codyc1ark
    Nice. I should be able to make it for a few hours. John your bringing the tube monos, right? You better keep your eyes on them..... :D
  • Erik Tracy
    We should start a list of who is bringing what just to keep things manageable and reasonable given the time Doug is graciously playing host.

I've offered to bring several CDs and SACDs for exercising Doug's subs - and some cold refreshments.

Depending on how the gear list grows, I may bring in a component or two.

So who else is brining gear?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • nooshinjohn
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    Nice. I should be able to make it for a few hours. John your bringing the tube monos, right? You better keep your eyes on them..... :D

The tubes and the Pass X1 will be coming, and maybe my Pioneer SACD.

The Carvers will be under heavily armed guard.

• dpowell

There is the official party time followed by the unofficial after party. :wink: Folks coming from LA usually want to hit the road to get home by a reasonable time.
  • dpowell
    Can someone bring a longer set of IC's and extra speaker cables? John, you can bring back those Goertz flatwires. The way my system is wired, we will need some longer IC's to get to the power amps people are bringing and we'll need a way to hook up the speakers as well.
  • dpowell
    Current list of people attending:

Doug
    John
    Erik
    Cody
    seabeerob213
    audiocr381ve

Did I miss anyone?
  • nooshinjohn
    Can someone bring a longer set of IC's and extra speaker cables? John, you can bring back those Goertz flatwires. The way my system is wired, we will need some longer IC's to get to the power amps people are bringing and we'll need a way to hook up the speakers as well.

sure thing... I will bring my Cables by Douglas stuff too.

• nooshinjohn

There is the official party time followed by the unofficial after party. :wink: Folks coming from LA usually want to hit the road to get home by a reasonable time.

I was planning on moving in actually...

• Erik Tracy
    I can bring my MIT Shotgun S2 speaker cables - 8ft - if that is long enough?

• dpowell
    Erik,
    Yes, 8 footers will work fine. We can set up amps on the platform that runs under the screen and run the cables from there to whatever speakers are being used. Right now, I'm not sure that anyone is bringing any speakers?
  • dpowell

I was planning on moving in.... I even had the U-haul booked. >:)

I have an unfinished room in the barn and you could have free access to the SDA 1C's that perform music duty for me there. The goats would love some company too. :smiley:
  • dpowell
    .....you know, we could bring the unmodded 1C's up from the barn if anyone wants to A/B the 1C's with the 2.3TL's......
  • codyc1ark
    You didn't say that goats would be present.... I'm not allowed within 500 yards of goats...

Or any farm animal for that matter...
  • dpowell
    It is a well-known fact that farm animals prefer SDA speakers. Mine are living proof. :smiley:
  • Erik Tracy
    edited February 2015
    Well, I can bring my B&W CDM 1NT bookshelves again - if anyone else is interested.

I don't have stands though - as I use wall mount brackets.

• aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    If people are interested, I can swing by and bring a pair of Revel Gem's and Revel M20's. Not sure whether I wanna bring the big SS ATI AT2000 along with them though but if anyone really wants to hear it I can heave it into my trunk.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • dpowell
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Well, I can bring my B&W CDM 1NT bookshelves again - if anyone else is interested.

I don't have stands though - as I use wall mount brackets.

Bring them if you'd like. You can place them on the platform under the screen and get them about 8 feet apart.