SoCal Mini PolkFest....

Looking to kick off an annual get-together at my place. Hoping to make things happen around the 1st or second week of March 2015. By then, my 9 channel/.2 sub 10000 watt mancave should be ready to host a party of epic proportions. Open to any that would like to attend.

Let me know guys if this will work for everyone.

John
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Nope wont work for me John. Have to reschedule it at your old house in Lafayette.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Open to anyone? Even a lowly newb?
    --
    7.1: LSIc, LSI-9 L/R, F/X1000 SL/SR, RM101 BL/BR, PSW 650 SW
    Onkyo TX-929
    Parasound HCA-1206

2-channel: Parasound P5, Odyssey Kismet, Vandersteen 3A Signature, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Everyone is welcome.... Including you Dan, as we will need somebody to buy the steaks!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    John, would love to see the finished project. I am tied up the first couple of weekends of March but let me know how the plans progress.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    I am looking forward to having that room done. I just finished the rough enclosure and the from face/sides yesterday. All that is left to do is flooring and trim.

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    My weekends in March are totally booked up. :'(

I'm either out of town teaching seminars or on travel to events.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • nooshinjohn
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    My weekends in March are totally booked up. :'(

I'm either out of town teaching seminars or on travel to events.

I am still hunting for a date, but it looks like the first weekend in May is looking better for me anyway. Rather than being a mini-fest, I would be open to making this a major event. My home has the ability to host a good sized meet.